GC Services / Unsolicited phone calls

United States Review updated:

I received a phone call at my place of employment from an unidentified individual who stated that she represents GC Services and wanted to verify employment. I asked if she had a signed release for this information from the individual who she was inquiring about. She said she did not need one. I then asked for the name of the individual she was inquiring about and she stated that she did not need to tell me that either. Because she was getting no where with me she became quite irate and then asked for the mailing address and fax number. I asked her to refrain from calling the office if it did not pertain to company business. I further stated that is this were personal business between GC Services and another individual that she would need to contact that individual at their residence or personal phone. That did not stop her. She called back about 3 more times. She would not identify herself or give a return phone number. There has to be a way to stop this.
Va

Comments

7th of Jul, 2007

GC Services - Unsolicited phone calls!

GC Services has been calling my home several times a day for weeks. There is no regard for time of day, day of worship, holiday... it just doesn't matter. Finally, today I said I was going to make a formal complaint. They say an individual gave my phone number and they are trying to locate him. I've had the same phone number and address for years and have never heard of this person mentioned. They supposedly took my number off of their list, but we will see. I can't complain to the BBB, because GC Services is not a member in my home state. Interesting...
Cn
  10th of Oct, 2007
I think some of these complaints are legitimate the note to the neighbor thing is out of hand, but it all reverts back to the person the accumulated that debt. Were the honest in their dealing with the client? Why did they stop paying the bill? Why were letters and call ignored?? Why all the whining, you all are suppose to be responsible adults but all your doing is showing the world how to make excuses and complaints about actions that were under their control. It's your fault your in collections yes natural disasters & catastrophes happen and arrangements can be made, but when you hide, the lie to cover your selfs, then get caught in that lie on the phone with people who are trying to help you.. Please you'd be irate if the shoe was on the other foot and the collection agencies owed you money. GC Services gets the job done for our clients maybe you should hire us to help you recover your funds so you can pay your bills on time.. This plus that equals happy campers in a perfect world .. you pay me I don't call you.. remember I get paid good money to be a bill collector it takes strength & courage to do this job.. Cowards run and hide that's why collection agencies were created to recover money from people to borrow and try to live beyond their means (like the Jones's & everybody else on TV ) when they can't afford to.. If so... you would've paid cash for your purchases! That's you'r problem ! Debtors deal with it!
Me
  30th of Mar, 2009
Omg, I have the same problem. I told them to take me off their list like 15 times!!! It's called credit services. The recording starts out... "we have made serveral attemts to call you...something about lower our rates or something... " It's so annoying. QUIT trying to get people enslaved in more DEBT and stop calling me for the love of Pete!
Mr
  29th of Dec, 2009
I can answer your concern. First she was calling becuase it was not involuntary, It does not need a signed release from your employee, Second She was entitled to that information. But in your companies defense She should have have given the nature of the call. If it she was not implying about employee verification but shes asking about your payroll address and fax number what do you think is in store for this employee next ?

GC Services Logo GC Services