Gateway / Warranty Not Honored

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Three years ago I bought my computer from my school through Gateway with a 4 year unlimited warranty. Believe me, this warranty plan cost me A LOT of money, over $2000! I have had problems with my computer before and had them fixed. This time my computer breaks and I am refused service. Apparently Gateway sold my warranty to MPC. I contact MPC for warranty work to find out that they have gone bankrupt and liquidated their company. So now I am out of luck, or so I am told.
I FINALLY got a hold of someone at gateway only to be refused any help or resolution to my broken computer. The gateway representative told me that they could not help me. Despite my efforts to help the representative understand my problem as a young businessman with a broken computer, he refused to be of any help and just kept repeating that they were not responsible since they sold my account to MPC. So Gateway made two times the amount of money on my account I guess! Once when I paid them $2000 for the computer and unlimited warranty, and a second time when MPC bought my account from them! This is utterly ridiculous and unprofessional of Gateway to not offer loyalty to their customers. There should be some honoring of my warranty! They are a large corporation who has more money than I will ever see and yet they refuse to do anything to honor my warranty and therefore they refuse to keep me as a loyal customer, as I have been for the last 3 years.

Comments

27th of May, 2009

I am among those screwed by Gateway. I bought the top of the line tablet notebook and the 4 year warranty package. At the time, Gateway was one of the best in the industry. From what I have experienced lately with them and MPC, I say Gateway sucks).

There is an opportunity to file a claim in the bankruptcy court proceeding but I just learned the deadline is this Frinay the 29 at 5:00 PM EST.

Contact Logan and Company in Upper Montclair NJ

If anyone files a class action law suit against Gateway, please count me in. Charles