Gateway / Warranty Not Honored
Three years ago I bought my computer from my school through Gateway with a 4 year unlimited warranty. Believe me, this warranty plan cost me A LOT of money, over $2000! I have had problems with my computer before and had them fixed. This time my computer breaks and I am refused service. Apparently Gateway sold my warranty to MPC. I contact MPC for warranty work to find out that they have gone bankrupt and liquidated their company. So now I am out of luck, or so I am told.
I FINALLY got a hold of someone at gateway only to be refused any help or resolution to my broken computer. The gateway representative told me that they could not help me. Despite my efforts to help the representative understand my problem as a young businessman with a broken computer, he refused to be of any help and just kept repeating that they were not responsible since they sold my account to MPC. So Gateway made two times the amount of money on my account I guess! Once when I paid them $2000 for the computer and unlimited warranty, and a second time when MPC bought my account from them! This is utterly ridiculous and unprofessional of Gateway to not offer loyalty to their customers. There should be some honoring of my warranty! They are a large corporation who has more money than I will ever see and yet they refuse to do anything to honor my warranty and therefore they refuse to keep me as a loyal customer, as I have been for the last 3 years.
More Gateway Complaints & Reviews
- Gateway cr Cust 1014104 - wrongfully charging my visa 
- Gateway Computers - Computer Warranty and Repair 
- Gateway / Monitor Lp2207 - Stay far away from Gateway
- Gateway International - Scam and cheating!
- Gateway Computers - Gateway 420GR - what a hunk of junk! 
- Gateway Prestige Cinema - Lack of service
- Gateway - Unauthorized charged on credit card
- Gateway NV77H Laptop - Laptop should be repalced
- Gateway NV55S02u - Hard Drive Crash
- Gateway/ E Machine - emachine is a Bad Computer