GateCrafters / Wrong items shipped / no service

1 13100 State Road 54Odessa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-537-4283

I ordered a gate and opener from these guys, only to find out they shipped the wrong posts, making installation impossible. I called to tell them the problem and they said they would take care of it right away and send me the correct posts. Three weeks later and they have done nothing. When I call, their standard reply is that the guy in charge is aware from his desk. There's never a call back. Emails are never returned. Once they have your money, you'll never hear from them again.

Comments

6th of Jun, 2008

I bought a set of gates and agree that the finish (spray paint) is rather chincy but for $159 what do you expect. The gates look good and were $1500 cheaper than anadized one's so I can touch them up with a $2.99 can of spray enamel once a year. Since gatecrafters subcontracts the gate manufacture they have to wait for replacement parts and have to order everything in for replacements. In their defense, when I broke the pins on the gate arms I bought them from them for $18.00 and they shipped right away. I would buy from these guys again but they are a bit slow on new gates but no slower then the other guys . The gates look good from the street, but they need to weld a flat plate to the gates to install the arm bracket. This is left for the installer to jury rig and only 3 of the 4 mounting holes.