Gander Mountain / false advertising

Gander Mountain ads are a huge lie. I got the Thanksgiving flier and noticed the Garmin Oregon 200 in there for a great price (too good to be true apparently). I read the ad making sure I could get the sale price on line-it seemed I could as there was an online item number and the flier stated "Can't make it to the store? Shop online 24/7 at GanderMtn.com" I even waited for the correct hours stated in the flier (between 3 and 9pm). I could not get the flier price to come up on the website so I called the 800 number. I was assured that if I ordered the item at the web price (369.99) and called at 8am Friday morning, the price would be adjusted to the sale price (199.99). Of course I called at 8am sharp this morning and have been getting the run around all day waiting for calls and repeatedly calling back.

After being told it was an in store only item (I guess one has to guess which items they offer online since they imply they are all available on line) for the last time (I have had enough wasting one whole day waiting for calls from GM reps that never come) I cancelled the order and assured the rep I would never be bothering Gander Mountain again because I will NEVER shop at the site or store again. My friend at work had me order a $100 gift card for a nephew with my order which I also cancelled. I will be advising him to get a Cabella's or Dick's card instead.

Gander Mountain is terrible and they should be ashamed of this Thanksgiving sale flier with all of the false promises. Nowhere in the ad did it state certain items are only available at the stores.

Comments

• Mi
      28th of Nov, 2009

I too got screwed by Gander Mountain. It was to be available online, as stated in the flyer.

I monitored it all day Thanksgiving, and all morning on Black Friday.

First, the unit isn't $450 like Gander Mountain staes. That price is so inflated.
    Anways, the unit was listed at $369.99 for the pervious weeks flyer,
    So $369.99 all day Thurdays, and from midnight till 9am on Friday, and they it changed it to "Item sold Out" around 9am.

What a scam. The local Gander Mountain had 2 in stock, as told to me by the manager when I arrived at noon.

GANDER MOUNTAIN IS A JOKE, DO NOT SHOP AT GANDER MOUNTAIN.

CABELLA from now on for me.