Gander Mountaindiscrimination

M

I went to Gander Mountain Nov. 30, 2011 about 12 noon. Before I went, my brother had stopped up there that morning to find out what the laws were for me when trying to obtain a shot gun, because I didn't want to go take any classes to be able to obtain a regular firearm. My brother had told me all I had to do was go to the store with my drivers license and fill out a background check. He also told me that there was a black shot gun on sale for $200 that would probably be perfect for me. So when I went to the store to inquire about the shot gun the salesman immediately said, "Wasn't your brother here this morning for this shot gun." I told him that he was there doing some research for me because I was looking for some extra home defense. Then he gave me this story about it being a straw sale, meaning I was trying to buy the shot gun and give it to my brother. At this point, I wanted to talk to a manager because I felt like he was showing discrimination. It took so long for a manager to come out and speak with me that I didn't want to spend my money there anymore, so I preceeded to leave. As I was leaving my brother and two friends happend to be coming through the door and I told him what happend and suggested he not spend any money with the company. He decided he would like to go talk to the gentlemen to find out what the problem was because he was bringing two friends that wanted one also and he hisself had decided it was a great deal and wanted one too. So the three of them tried to fill out a background check and were told only my brother could fill out the background to obtain one. Now, all of a sudden when everyone has a driver license and ready to proceed, the lie is that there is only one shot gun in stock and its used. Keep in mind that this shot gun was on sale so why would I take a used one for the same price that makes no sense. I feel like all four of us were discriminated against because of our race which is afro american. I feel like their straw theory or what I like to call an excuse, went out the window when all of us were ready to fill out our own seperate background checks. I really hope something is done about this because racism is supposed to be over in this country. The gentlemen in the store cost the company about $1000 cash sale and I never plan to attend that store again if thats how they treat their customers.