Fry's Electronics / misleading advertising and not sorry
I bought a Sony STR-DG520 on it birthday that was advertised as having "Auto-Calibration", both on the tag and on Fry's website. I opened it up and discovered that it did not have this feature. I was furious because that was THE differentiationg feature and the main reason I picked it over the competitors. I went back to the store but they would only offer me my money back. I filed a complaint with the BBB but the manager at Fry's, Scott Shapiro, played dumb and took weeks to respond. I went back to the store and saw the tag was still incorrect and took a picture of it. After being confronted with that, Scott offered a Yamaha stereo for the "current advertised price" of the Sony, which he claimed was $199. The actual price of the Sony was $149, the price I had originally paid. Scott obviously thought I was unhappy because I hadn't spent enough money. He claimed it was a typo but store managers don't make big mistakes like that. Now, months later, their website is STILL INCORRECT and grossly misleading! I got my money back and took it to Best Buy where the salesman was honest and straightforward.
Do not shop at Fry's. They will lie to you and then try to get even more money from you.
More Fry's Electronics Complaints & Reviews
- Frys Electronics - rebate fraud 
- Fry's Electronics - no warranty repair 
- Frys Electronics - protection plan 
- Fry's Electronics - very rude customer service 
- Frys.com - they are not honoring their raincheck 
- Fry's Electronics - very rude employee
- Fry's Electronics - zojirushi micom rice cooker ns-lgc05
- Fry's Electronics - same day delivery on a refrigerator, order t3130883
- Fry's Electronics - not satisfied
- Fry's Electronics - unable to obtain an rma number