Fresh Market / Hair in Deli Food

Airport Blvd, Mobile, AL, United States Review updated:

I am a regular customer of Fresh Market. I love this store!! However, I purchased a dish from the deli and found a short gray hair in the food (I have long black hair). I saved the container and the hair. I took it into the store, showed it to a manager and she just shrugged her shoulders! No apology, nothing. I said, "I notice that the deli workers are not wearing hair coverings." Her reply was "The home office will not allow hair nets."

A week later I ordered another deli dish. As I was eating the dish, a dried tomato pasta salad, I began to choke. I spit out a plastic cord about 6" long! I returned to the store and made some observations. A young man in the deli did not see me as I saw him stuffing food into his mouth. Then as I toured the store, I witnessed a female employee putting candy into zip lock bags ungloved! Then I located a manager. First, I showed her the container with te 6" plastic cord that I had found n my pasta salad. She remarked, "Well, some of the salads come already prepared, but this one is one we have to put together and this is probably the seal from one of the containers." Again, no apology at all. Then I continued to tell her of the observations I had made. She almost told me I was fibbing!! She said, "All of our employees wear gloves when handling food." So I walked her to the area where the female employee was bagging candy bare handed. Good by, Fresh Market. !!! I plan to report this to my local health department.

Comments

• Aw
      18th of Apr, 2010

Hahah good work... She would have gone bright red. Stupid ###.

• Gi
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Fresh Market - disgusting seafood dept
    Fresh Market
    1527 N. Parham Rd
    Richmond

As a seafood clerk, I have made many complaints about the freshness of the seafood that is sold here. Nothing has changed in three months. Tainted seafood, no cleaning of the pans that are used to house the food in the case. Days old seafood freezing to said pans. Not to mention the lack of firing problem people. This attitude says that it's ok to serve nasty seafood.
    This company's profit in the first quarter of 2014 was 148 million dollars. They still pay terrible wages to those that work hard and pay well those that do not. Not so Fresh Market, after all! DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!