Freeway Insurance / No policy and no money no refund

1 Corpus Christi TEXAS, TX, United States

On Saturday, 2/11/2017 I went to purchase auto insurance policy, After receiving the quote I agree to purchase the policy and after she charged my debit card I notice the receipt had a charge of $50 more than what we discussed and I bought it up to her attention, the agent said don't worry I will just cancel the transaction and we will refund you the money and then we will rerun the credit card with the correct amount I agreed. Then she started having problems reversing the transaction or refunding it to me. She made some calls to the accounting department and of course no one was working since it was the weekend. Then she told me that she would get it straighten out by the end of the day. I trusted her and I left and waited on her call. Of course I had to call her back. She then told me we would have to wait until Monday when everyone would be in the office. I said okay, as I know these things happen. Then on Monday I called her cause I had not heard from her, she then told me that they could not credit my money back to my credit card but they would send me a check by mail. I would receive the check in 3-5 business days. I said okay. After 3-5 days I went by there and informed her I still had not received a check from them? She then emailed the accounting department and they said I should get in the next day or so. After not receiving the check in the mail and not having insurance I decided to go back and sit there until I could speak with someone. The lady then told me that I was denied the refund due to them not doing the proper procedures. Which has nothing to do with me but yet will not refund my money nor do I have insurance. Now we are just waiting on another person to get a hold of to see what is the update. It is now 2 weeks with no money and no insurance and I still cant get them to give me a straight answer nor do they return my calls. This is REALLY BAD BUSINESS!! Please stay away from this Insurance company they are just crooks!

Yo