Fragrance.net / selling personal information

United States Review updated:

I have been a years-long regular customer of fragrance.net and never had a complaint. A few months ago I started receiving magazines in the mail that I had never ordered and didn't want in my house. I would call the magazine and ask how it was that they were sending me issues. They would tell me that fragrance.net was sending them my personal information and giving me "free" magazines. I never saw this option when ordering their products, never opted in for it. I called fragrance.net and got a very unhelpful and unfriendly lady on the phone who said she could do nothing about it. I asked to talk to a mgr. And she said the only way I could was through email. She gave me the mgr's email address. I emailed my complaint and told her to stop. I never received a reply. I never ordered from fragrance. Nete again and never will. This was three months ago and I am still receiving magazines, who are confirming they're originating from fragrance.net. I sent another email to the "mgr" and don't expect a reply. Don't trust fragrance.net with your personal information.

Comments

• M2
      22nd of Mar, 2012

Hello -

In response to your note, you are receiving the magazine as a result of making an online purchase with FragranceNet.com. The magazine was included as a bonus offer with your purchase. By default, the subscription was sent to the billing address used during your purchase.

There are no hidden costs, further obligations, or automatic renewals associated with your subscription. Your credit card information was not passed to us.
    If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to cancel please feel free to use the link below.

I apologize for any inconvenience.
    M2 Media Group Customer Support

• Ow
      2nd of Jul, 2017

So in other words, yes, Fragrance.net sells your information to M2 Media Group which in turn uses it to subscribe you to magazine you don't want on the guise that somewhere during the checkout process at Fragrance.net 2+ years ago you agreed to have your information sold. Pft. FOADIAF M2 Media and Fragrance.net

I will NEVER make another purchase through you again.