FPL / fpl are too monolopized

1 Melbourne, FL, United States Review updated:

FPL sent me a letter today, saying that because some of my payments have not been paid on time they have to up my deposit by 600.00 due in 9 days. If we do not want to pay, we can opt for an auto withdrawal from our bank and we will not have to pay the additional deposit. This is a bunch of BS. First of all, Florida Power and Light are nothing more then a monolopy, and they can do and treat people however they wish. I don't have a choice not to pay them or they will shut my electric off, so why bully us into auto pay so they can get their money.

I think this is horrible business practices which does not seem legal.

FPL is the worst power company and if I had any kind of choice, I would be happy never to have to deal with them again

Ca

Comments

• Ca
      10th of Jan, 2009

FPL Sucks

• As
      17th of May, 2017

@campurr I hope FPL burns to the ###ing ground!!! Where is the solar power? ### FPL

• Ca
      4th of Dec, 2009

They keep going to OUR elected officals asking for money for the same PATHETIC customer service ... We are all getting so screwed its CRIMINAL !!!

• Fi
      26th of Dec, 2009

FPL lost the payment. I had them on a 3 way call with the Navy Federal Credit Union to verify that they had received the check and cashed it. They tell me that it would be credit to my account. They all so tell me not to make a payment as I have a positive balance and any additional payments would confuse the issue.Then they give me a late charge. FPL will not acknowledge the call even happened! Tapes erased.

But, be one minute late and they sure can remember to tack on a late charge to your account. They can sure remember to disconnect your Power no matter how cold it gets and will not turn it on for over 24 hours not matter how cold it gets! And we all know they have emergency crews standing by! Not for you or me! We need to be taught a lesson...never be late!

I always carried a positive balance. Never again. Did never being late and always carring a postive balance work in my favor. Nope! Nada! No way. I am just a number just like you. Just a incoming check!

I also found the fact that you gave to FPL every month for going on 3 years does not get you any breaks either! Got to fund that Holiday Bonus some how!

They also tell me not to send in a copy of the check as it would be thrown away. They also tell me it is my fault because I did not speak to the correct rep. or the correct supervisor. It is also my fault because I did not fill out the correct form for lost payment and do it in the required time allowed! Then they put on these so called fake supervisors to pacify me!

FPL will not talk to the Navy Federal Credit Union and the Navy Federal Credit Union will no talk to FPL! But it is all my fault! So basically pay up or get disconnected! As if I have a choice. FPL is a monopoly and if you cannot afford to produce your own electricity,

I guess you just have to bend over and Say...all Phrase the Glory, the Power and the Almighty FPL. Thank You Sir and or Ma'am may I have another!

Now I only pay the balance due. Never carry a positive Balance! Call after 5 days and every day until the checks post. Never give to FPL share who cares again as they all
    con fusees them!

FPL is so lucky I cannot switch service. I have problems with FPL payments a average of every 6 to 7 months. But they don't care. Not like I can switch services! They got you by the Nads and they know it!

• Po
      13th of Jul, 2010

Florida needs a cooperative for power, or at least a competitor. I've meet an attorney that works for FPL (hedging to determine power rates) - greed up and down and a couple other words. There's got to be an entrepreneur with some experience out there to spearhead a coop or alternative source and grid for homes.

• Po
      10th of Aug, 2010

FPL MOST CERTAINLY DOES SUCK AND THEY ARE A MONOPLY HERE IN SOUTH FLORIA AND YES THEY DON'T GIVE A RATS [censor] ABOUT ANYONE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. A FEW MONTHS BACK THEY SHUT OFF OUR ELECTRICITY BY MISTAKE THEN TELL US OH I GUESS OUR REPAIR GUYS ARE BEING A LITTLE LAZY TODAY. AFTER WAITING FOR MORE THAN 4 HOURS THEY FINALLY TURNED IT BACK ON.

THEN JUST LAST WEEK I GOT MY BILL IN THE MAIL I ALMOST HAD HEART FAILURE. IT WAS FOR $523.00. WHEN I ASKED THEM ABOUT IT THEY SAID OH WELL THE METER READER HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET INTO THE METER ROOM BECAUSE IT WAS LOCKED SO HE ESTIMATED YOUR BILL AND GEE HE ESTIMATED LOW SO THIS IS WHAT YOU REALLY OWE.

I CHECKED WITH OTHER TENANTS AND THEIR BILL WAS NOT ESTIMATED AND OTHERS WERE. HOW CAN SOME BE ESTIMATED AND SOME NOT BE. ALL THE METERS ARE IN THE SAME ROOM. THE METER READER KNOWS TO GET THE KEY FOR THE METER ROOM AT THE GUARD GATE. SO I BELIEVE THE METER READER WAS A LAZY PIECE OF CRAP WHO DID NOT WANT TO TAKE THE TIME TO SCAN ALL THE METERS. BECAUSE OF THE I NOW HAD TO PAY 523.00 OR RISK ELECTRICITY BEING SHUT OFF.

FPL DOESN'T CARE THEY WANT THE MONEY. I HAVE ALWAYS PAID ON TIME BUT IT DOES NOT MATTER WITH THEM. I SAY SCREW THEM THE MONEY HUNGRY [censor].

• Ho
      10th of Oct, 2018

You do have choices, 1) Stop using electricity, then you won't get a bill for usage. Second, you can pay your bill on time. You want their electricity, and they want their money. Sounds fair to me. Their rates are already some of the lowest in the state, and are regulated as to how much they can charge anyway.