Ford Motor Company / esp coverages

United States Review updated:

I have a 2012 ford f550 flatbed truck. Due to all the problems the truck has had since we got it with 25 miles only back on december of 2011, ford offered an extended warranty for 84 month and / or 200000 miles. The paper work sent to us as proof of the warranty by ford shows the coverage term as mentioned before. However fast forward to today, the truck has 147, 000 miles and it needs a new motor. Its been at the dealer for 30 days an today i get the wonderful news that the esp is declining coverage due to the hours the truck shows, the truck has 8180 hours and ford is claiming the coverage is up to 8000 hours. The problem, in our paper work ford did not disclosed any policy limitations regarding the work hours of the truck. Further more in the advertising that ford has in their web page it makes no mentioned of the hours limitations. So now am waiting for ford management to get back to me to see what they will do. My next option i will be contacting an attorney for legal advise. This is wrong. It is a scam at its best.

Bu
Sep 25, 2014

Comments

• Mk
      Sep 26, 2014

WOW... I just looked at a sample of the FORD EXTENDED WARRANTY paperwork and it has about 42 pages of description and limitations for the basic care. I would not be surprised if the paperwork they gave you says something about you needing to ask for this list. I did not take the time to read it to find out if the WORKING HOURS is listed but I would not be surprised if it did.

Good Luck