Ford / bait and switch

My husband and I visited Ford of Huntington Beach, CA looking for an economical car for my college bound son. We found a nice 06 Focus we liked. We then proceeded into the office to negotiate pricing. After much negotiating we agreed on a price for the Focus along with a trade in amount of our 01 Chevy pick up truck. We signed the sale papers that day with the agreement that we would deliver the truck the next day (my son had it down in San Diego and couldn't bring it up to us that same day). The next day we brought the truck in and were expecting to sign the final papers. We were brought into the office again and told that they couldn’t pay us the agreed trade in price. (Which was still below the Kelly Blue Book value for the exact condition on the our truck) The reasons they gave were invalid, basically implying they we had lied to them. When we countered with the fact they we told them everything, for example, that there was a crack in the windshield they told us we didn't tell them how big the crack was. They even told us they were going to wholesale the truck anyway so the reasons they were giving us were just fabricated to take $1, 500 off the original offer!!

Don’t do business with Huntington Beach Ford!! They used the bait and switch to sell us a car.

Va

Comments

• Sc
      23rd of Sep, 2009

Everything Huntington Beach Ford is about is not about processing and selling cars correctly. They drop everything as soon as the customer is out of sight. They remind me of my ###ed mid-level managers, only they're doing all of this ###ed crap on purpose.

God Bless America's Car Dealships, eh??

• Sc
      23rd of Sep, 2009

I've been stopped by police 5 times, only for not having correct paperwork and tags with my vehicle. Every single time, the police can't believe (they believe me) that any car is sold this way. I have been asked each time, where I bought this from. Now it's in my driveway because I was warned for the last time not to drive it again without current registration. The temp tag expired three months ago. Every time I call I get mistransferred by the operator, or hung up on, or ran around, or hid from.