Flexi Club / Deception and lies

1 Zambia Review updated:

In 2003 I joined Flexi Club. During presentation you are told to buy a certain number of points. You are also told you are to contribute a certain amount monthly. This monthly contribution you are told is an investment that you later claim back after finishing paying the contract.

There are hidden costs. After some time of joining a letter arrived to say I must pay an amount in excess of a thousand rands. When I enquired from the rep what it was about he told me it was meant to protect the investment against inflation. This amount actually go for accommodation costs.

This year i contacted them now that I finished the five year contract about refund on investment. I was told I have to sell the points privately if I needed money. All these was never explained on joining.

The worrying thing is that you are not

equipped to sell these points and the selling price is low compared to when you buy from them. Alternatively you are referred to a company that sell points and you must pay for them to do that. Nothing they say during presentation comes out being true.

What actually woke me up was the many complaints about them I read on other sites for complaints. This has been a very painful experience in my entire life of dealing with business people.

Va

Comments

• Sh
      9th of Oct, 2008

Please have a look on www.Facebook.com. Group - Flexi Club - mense wat gevang is deur hulle

• Pi
      5th of Feb, 2009

I had a similar experience when trying to sell my 'investment'. I later gave up and for the moment just keep paying the annual fees without being able to get rid of the burden.

• Hu
      9th of Feb, 2009

The same happened to me. I joined in 2006 and will never recommend anyone to be so naive as to believe all the lies and promises. Is there nobody that can stop this?

• Da
      16th of Feb, 2009

All of us are being duped, they simply have oversold their facilities and now never ever are able to get you in anywhere, except some unheard of bunalow resort too far to travell to.
    A case in point ...4 weeks of being on the phone to secure a unit at suncity to no avail...so I paid to go myself . on getting there half the vacation club units were empty ...not as I was told, all full ...pathetic ...pse let expose them for what they are, don`t even try to sell yr points as everyone seems to know they have no value. I would be happy to pay towards class action to get legal action going against them

• Ni
      18th of Feb, 2009

I joined flexi club in 2005. What a big mistake. I now want to cancell my membership with them and was told it is a lifetime contract. Most of my pages of the contract are not even sighned by me. There was told that i will keep my timeshare and there are no futher costs to me. Two months later they send me the documents for transfer of ownership with a R980.00 charge for transfer fees. The page on the contract that reveals this was sighned but was canceled by the consultant as i explained if i have to release ownership to them i would not join. Now they send me another transfer of ownership documents to me. i had enouth and gave the contract to my annorney. Still waiting to hear from her, but she said we are going to nail them, as there are no witnessess that sighned and that the contract is incomplete.

• Ni
      3rd of Apr, 2009

Flexiclub is still deceiving people. I'm stuck in this web and there is always an excuse from them why you cannot cancel your contract.

My last try, I've been cancelling my contract since Oct 2009 and when somebody eventually received it in January 2009. I'm denied cancellation due to my membership fees not payed for 2009. That is more than R1000.

Trick question; if I pay it in, do you think I will get it back?

Please be warned, it is a hell hole!!!

• Sh
      8th of Apr, 2009

I agree that there service and accounts department is pathetic, we were also conned into upgrading our existing points to VIP status and were promised by the sales consultant JENANDE SOLOMONS, her managers name is Marawaan, 10 cheap weekends per year for R500.00 per 4 sleeper per weekend.Needless to say that when we phone reservations to book these weekends, then the reservations department does not know what we are talking about.
    Do you perhaps know if anybody else was conned like this, is there no legal action that can be taken agianst these people.?

23rd of Apr, 2009

We had a wonderful membership at Magaliespark and were approached by Flexiclub to upgrade so we can can gain access to more resorts . What a wonderful idea!! Well, so far the contracted club fees have escalated from R 750 in the contract to R 1250 in the first year ! without any notification .They levy interest, yet do not submit statements prior to raising the interest. The whole system is a total sham!! we were conned and regret having upgraded!! The company works on lies and deceit no value for money and total disaster . No comes the problem of getting rid of the points!!!

23rd of Apr, 2009

Its no good trying to contact them by Email they dont respond to complaints . They have managed to turn sunny fun holidays into a journey to hell

• Fe
      28th of May, 2009

I'd like to begin a campaign of publically exposing these people for the hell they are putting us through. I will start by contacting talk radio 702 in johannesburg and cape town, and would appreciate more calls so that the station could pick up on this urgent need. I am currentl being hounded and threatened with black listing because according to them I have not paid an amount of R200 odd, this, after I made a very painfull payment of R4726.43 to them for annual fees, which they of course do not tell you about up front. I look forward to hearing your stories on the local air waves.
    702 Contact details - Fax 0865012014, Comment Line 0115063855, Studio 0118830702

28th of May, 2009

Totally agree !! Their system works on intimidation, Lies and deceit. After settling their inflated invoices with interest I still get threatening demand postcards ! 4 Emails and a monthly international call to resolve each time what they say and do are two different things!!
    Time for hi profile media attention - News papers, fair deal etc Maybe auditors, SARS etc to bring them in line with business best practice. Oh perhaps a course in customer relations aswell !! They havnt a clue!! By the way you are not allowed to cancel membership!! The head of the business ignores repeated emails ...!!!
    Totally disgusting organisation rotten from top to bottom . Pity the resorts they are managing are great - what a waste...
    Suggest copying the whole conversation thread to 702 although this will be over in a 1 hour programme. It will require more intense investigations.

28th of May, 2009

Suggest "FED UP" starts a club/ feature on face book etc these days rotten apples can be exposed to a wide audience first hand...

• Br
      18th of Jun, 2009

I am also a victim of lies, misrepresentations, extortion threats and distress at the hands of this club yet no government or public office will take action against the club. I have tried the Office of the Consumer Protection, FEDHASA, DTI etc all of whom maintain it is not within their mandate or jurisdiction. In other words, the man on the street has no protection, unless he has enough wealth th take legal action. I await instruction from the club as to whether I sell my car or my house to pay their extortionate demands, as I have no other assets after the collapse of my bank and the effects of hyperinflation.

Is this club BBEE compliant, ?

• Th
      23rd of Jun, 2009

I am also in the same boat. If there is anyone who can assist, please help. We need to nail these people. We cannot afford to have this going on.

• Se
      23rd of Jul, 2009

We're all in the same boat. It would be interesting to hear whether Nic Botha (154 days ago) has had any joy in his efforts to get a lawyer to help him. Unfortunately lawyers also charge for their services so is this a case of more wasted money or has it been worthwhile?

• Bh
      6th of Aug, 2009

i'm also avictim of the same company (Flexi club) The guy by the name of Fredie Mabalane took my credit cards to enter their competition, After amonth my statements show that i did purchase for the value of R3000 at Benoni which i didn't.Now they continue taking my money even if idid e-mail the complain to the same company .

• Rv
      19th of Aug, 2009

My husband & I are Flexiclub members since 1997 - not by choice though. We are married to it and cannot get a divorce. No one even wants it for free. We don't get any pleasure from it since our points are by now worth too little to go anywhere. In years when trying to make a booking, we had no success due to non availability. We thus share the frustration since we don't have the financial backing!

• Je
      30th of Oct, 2009

CANT BELIEVE I was so stupid, should have read all these things before they caught me too. We got married in October 2009 and was sold Flexiclub on our honeymoon. The consultant knew we didn't have money at the time for the deposit and she explained that she would write a letter and sell our 10 Bonus weeks that we won for us to make up the R13000. Anyway, still cant get hold of our Consultant and my credit card is costing me a arm and a leg. When I called the Flexiclub head office the lady informed me that its impossible to sell bonus weeks and if I manage I would need to pay the bookings. Freaking great!!! The head office lady was so incredibly rude.
    I hope they get taken over by a competent company soon. Since we cant cancel the contract, we only had 5 days to cancel. Not even a month.

10th of Feb, 2010
    Flexi-Holiday-Club - Bad Service
    South Africa

Since being a member of Flexi-Club, I have learned a little more about THE HIDDEN COSTS and tried to get out, but with great difficulty. I was informed that the value of points are now at R11-40, but cannot even sell it for R5-00 per point.
    If anyone is interested in buying approx. 3900 points from me please contact me. I really want out of this bad deal!
    Joey

2nd of Mar, 2010

I applied for the membership and to my dismay also found out that none of the benefits explained to me by the salemsam are actually in effect!There must be some kind of legal action that can be taken against them!! Any advice?