Fitness 19 / lying to customers

1 Blaine, MN, United States Review updated:

The business tactics of this company are based on deciet and cheating the customers. They are only obessessed with increasing their client base population. When I first signed up for a membership, an obscene total was calculated. I asked the ower to reference a friend who was a member and had obtained membership at a much lower price. Shamefully, the owner adjusted the price to the MUCH LOWER price, nearly 100 less. The owner also talked about re-newing the membership and quoted me a price which was reasonable for the entire year. However, when time came, the money I had to pay just to renew was 50% more than what he had quoted me. When I called to speak to the owner, no could find them for over two weeks. Finally, after calling numerous times, I called and spoke to them and they denied ever quoting the price for the year's renewal. The owner said that they would write the informaiton down on the contract, however, when I reviewed it, the quoted lower price was never documented. It is a shame to see what this company is amounting to. Becareful and RESEARCH your facts and prices BEFORE even approaching this company.

Comments

• Wa
      29th of Aug, 2009

Must have been pretty hard to renew your 1 year membership when it came time, at a gym that wasn't even open when your complaint was submitted. Makes it tough to use up a year 3 months before it opens.

• Wa
      29th of Aug, 2009

I have been a member since it opened, and have nothing bad to say. If you pay attention to the polite sales people, everything seems pretty cut and dry. Can't find a cheaper option out there that offers as nice of a facility as they do.

• Cu
      29th of Aug, 2009

I am sorry. For your troubles, I am authorzing some sex for you.

• Li
      20th of Jul, 2011

OMG! I am currently trying to get the last of my 16 personal training sessions figured out because I'm moving, and guess what??????????? SAME PROBLEM! No one will call back, you can't find the owner, he is never there. I finally went in after 3 months of calling, and the manager said he would call me back, one week later...NO CALL. When I went inm they said they lost my personal training contract and would figure it out and get back to me...this is 300+ dollars worth of training. Small claims court here I come