First Data Merchant Services / service

Not for small business. First Data may work for big business but it is definitely not for small business. First Data will 'fee' you to death raising the effective rate of processing credit cards well beyond the industry norm.

The sales process was deceptive especially to a neophyte. Sales people represent themselves as trying to 'help' you understand card processing. Nothing could be further from the truth. They're goal is to sign you and move on.

Although the discount rate is attractive that's not the real issue to a small business offering card processing as a convenience to their customers. The fee structure is not friendly to small business.

Comments

• Dd
      28th of Jul, 2010

I totally agree, my small business had chargebacks for which I tried to work with First Data to solve the issue they were very uncooperative to say the least! Now my account has been "interrupted" until I pay the balance which includes a chargeback that was reversed and according to the First Data rep it is "not her job to find out if the reversal was received"!!!

• Sc
      2nd of Jun, 2011

First Data customer service is appalling

• Th
      5th of Aug, 2011

Absolutely agree, unfortunately had to learn the hard way. We tried First Data through Sam's Club for one month and it was TERRIBLE. Not only were their rates bogus after all the hidden fees, but the salesman actually did lie about many issues. We have it in print because he lied in emails, but that doesn't seem to matter. They sure will not make anything right. I guess I didn't research enough before we tried them or I wouldn't have. Seriously, it's not worth it.