merchant lynx first datafradulent peter rhee four year lease credit card machine

about 16 months ago, our restaurant receive a call from merchant lynx who asked that if they can sent a representative who can explain how their company can save us money by switching our credit card processing company to theirs. This agent called Peter Rhee came in few days after asked for our statement and after reviewing he said their company can save us couple hundred dollars in fees by switching over to merchant lynx from wachovia, he also said that we should take
the credit card machine that his company provides and that there will be no charges, it's included once we sign up with merchant lynx. a week after I sign the agreement form and this is when the nightmare starts, we receive a credit card machine without knowing that Peter Rhee signed us up for a FOUR YEAR NON-CANCELLABLE AGREEMENT with FIRST DATA GLOBAL for 69.00 plus tax. I had calculated that the total for this machine that we had to pay would add up to 3860.00 for a machine that's worth 125.00 at the time. I called Peter Phee to see if there has been a mistake but to my surprise, this guy never return any of my calls after promising me that if there's any problems that I can call him any time. I also contacted First Data but they said I had signed a non-cancellable lease and that I should contact the agent who signed me up. I later called merchant lynx and they say I sign the lease and that they couldn't do anything for me, I realized then that I had fell into a deep trap and later I found out that I wasn't the only one. after posting on ripoff.com and the complaint board, months later this Peter Rhee called me and said that someone posted complaint about him and that if I had remove the complaint he'll send me a fax of a void check and I can take this and call first data to collect monthly fees from this account, it took nearly four months after I keep sending him messages that he finally fax me the blank check.
I called first data immediately and they change the information and I thought that was the end of it, but as it turned out the check is bogus and that first data
can't withdraw fund from the account Peter Rhee had sent me due to insufficient funds, I had a feeling it was too good to be true. I called him, text him and finally after 3 months later after he kept promising and ask me to trust him I waited patiently for him to send me another blank check, he never did, weeks went by, months went by, he just tries to stall me so finally today September 25th, 2009, I said to him that he's wasting my time and I wanted to post this complaint on this board to see if anyone would be willing to file a class action suit againest him and the company he worked for, we really worked really hard to earn small amount of money and with the economy our business has really suffered and I can't believe there if someone out there who is such a dispictable low life who cheat one people after one another and have the face to promise and ask to be trusted. my number is [protected], if anyone wish to contact me my name is Gary. Good luck everyone.

• Jm
    JmichaelIII Oct 07, 2010

I'm also here in NJ. Peter Rhee did the same thing to my small business. Claimed we would save between $300-400$ dollars and would even add in two new machines and adjust the rates to make up for the cost of the new machines. "I will do anything to get your business long term" We currently had two dual com working machines that we owned and were about 5 years old. There was nothing wrong with the machines other then a few scratches. Peter Rhee had an employee sign my name on the contract. I was completely unaware of the contract until the first bill arrived and it was over 300$ more then our previous provider. Peter Rhee wouldn't return our calls and soon after his phone no longer worked. To make matter worse they stole our old machines. We called to complain and they sent us two different single com machines back to us. I bet you they steal people's credit card info off old terminals and sell it on the internet.

I signed a fraud form with first data global leasing. They have the gall to tell me the signatures on my affidavit match with the contract and claim there is no case. I am so mad I told them off. There is no way the signatures are even close to mathing. When they get a judge and a handwriting expert to say the signatures match I will pay them. They lie. They are [censor] . I hope someone files a class action against them. I can be reached at [protected].

J