First Convenience Bank / denial of access to funds

TX, US Review updated:

On Monday November 19th 2012 I deposited a check into my account at First Convenience Bank, a division of First National Bank Texas. I called First Convenience Bank and spoke with a customer service supervisor by the name of Else who told me that the funds where placed are hold by the loss prevention department for reasons she was not allowed to share with me, the account holder. I was also told to call Else back before 4pm on that day (Nov. 23rd 2012) to check for any new information. I called First Convenience Bank at 340pm on that same day, Friday (Nov. 23rd 2012). I was told Else was unavailable and was transferred to another customer service supervisor who's name I do not have recorded. I was told that the issue with the check was due to the loss prevention department not being able to contact the issuing company for verification. I asked why the loss prevention office could make a telephone call to company and ask them for whatever information was needed for the verification of the account and was told that she (the customer service supervisor) was unable to answer that question as the everyone was gone for the weekend.

I called First Convenience Bank at 830am on Monday (Nov. 26 2012) and spoke with a customer service supervisor by the name of Misty. I ask Misty to contact the loss prevention department and to ask that they contact the company who check for verification of the account, after be placed on hold Misty returned and then stated that they had spoke with "someone" at the issuing company and was told that person could not verify the account on which the check was drawn and that First Convenience Bank would continue to refuse access to these funds. I contacted the manager of the Accounts Payable department at the company who issued the check and was told that no one from First Convenience Bank had contacted his department. The Accounts Payable manager also verified that the funds for the check where release from the companies account on Friday (Nov. 23rd 2012). It has now been ten business days I have still have no access to these funds and no attempt has been made to contact me by First Convenience Bank.

Jg

Comments

• Th
      Nov 30, 2012

I used to have an account with this bank. I had a situation get soured by their inept CSR. I decided not to lose sleep and asked them what is the process to close the account. At this point oh the bank manager himself is suddenly available to rectify their mistake. I told him I am not stopping him from fixing the problem. Nevertheless, Me Inc. has a policy, if you make me feel like [protected]@p I vote with my feet. I did, I am with a credit union now. You have the power over You Inc. not them. They need you, you don't need them. They need to justify why they need to have you as a customer. If their actions don't measure up vote with your feet.