First AbuBhabi Bank / debit card

5 United Arab Emirates

Last November 24, I went to FAB Branch in Reem Island Boutik Mall to update my Emirates ID and Passport because my account was locked. A few days after I was able to use my card in paying my phone bill and purchasing online. December 15, i was trying to purchase some stuff in the grocery store, my card was declined. Now, I call their customer service asking why my purchases are declined. They said that account was locked and debit is restricted because I wasnt able to update my Emirates ID and Passport. Which I have done weeks before. I was not informed about this and that I never received a call about this issue. I have been calling FAB's Customer Service for the past 12 days asking for an update. They keep on saying that they will escalate this issue etc. But nothing is happening. I have no cash and my credit card is due on Jan 2. I was hoping this issue will be resolved before that date which I know this bank would not deliver since their promises of calling me to update the status never happened. I just want this to be over and done with. I can't keep on calling them every other day just to ask for updates. Especially their wait time is more than 30minutes!

An