Fingerhut / fraud

FINGERHUT gave my brother and his wife James+Beth Shelton of Dayton, Ohio credit usuing my name and ssi to buy items from their catalog, this is fraud and theft at its worst. I never gave anyone permission, they stole my identity, they bought space heaters, boombox and mattress, I have contacted the company, they will give anyone credit without checking addresses, I live in a different state and I am pissed. I have been sending letters to everyone I know that may help me.

Comments

• Ik
      28th of Mar, 2009

Co sent 98 yr old lady a card to be returned OR start paying. Lady does not even speak English.

• Gr
      13th of Mar, 2010

well does she speack spanish because is in spanish too, still I hate comapnies that autorenew your membership

• Ga
      24th of Mar, 2010

Nve In feb. I was "pre-approved for a 400. credit, I ordered approx 75. worth of merchandise. Amonth later I still waited for the item. finally I reached customer service and was doubled talked right and left the clerk was tring to tell me its not a gaurenteed cre4dit when clearly the notification was rppre-approved not pre-qualified.

she refused to transfer to a supervisor, these people prey on people trying to catch a break . sadly; I needed the item but would not send a penny to them. beware of them FINGERHUT IS OFFERING FRAUD DEALS! never never again.

• De
      21st of Dec, 2010

Watch your statements closely... just discovered they have charged me for 4 months for a protection I didn't authorize. Their response was could remove 2 mos only. Have had previous issues with them charging me protection plans on items but saw and got those off fast. So not worth dealing with these people.

• Lu
      6th of Jan, 2011

I want credit in full for a membership for credit watchman that I never approved.

• Di
      16th of Jun, 2011

yeah i just found out today that i have had a membership since 2009, and that i agreed to it with a phone call through fingerhut. NOT TRUE> I told them this is the first time i have ever received a postcard or mail from them about it. I didn't even know anything about this company (credit watchman) until TODAY. Why would i agree to a company i don't know about and 70 bucks a month? I am having an investigation being opened. And I'm going to report fraud to both companies.

19th of Jun, 2011
    FingerHut - Robbing me
    Fingerhut

On the bill due in April $391.76 was the ballance, $28.99 was due on

4-11-11 and $30.00 was sent on 4-2-11 on check 2015.

Then they did send a bill due in May. The bill did say, I does say,

I do owe $548.11 and I did not order anything in April and May.

I did exchange an RC Skunk, so they are making me pay for the exchanged

RC Skunk. I did talk to the ST. Cloud Police, since I do have the feeling,

I am being robbed. I AM MAD!!!

• Ro
      10th of Nov, 2011
    Credit Watchman - Unauthorized Charges
    Credit Watchman

This company has been charging $69.99 to my Fingerhut account for several years now. They do not have a website. When I entered Credit Watchman on Google, this was one of the options I was given. I don't know if you can help me or not, but I hope so. I am not familiar with Credit Watchman, and I already have another company monitoring my credit. I do not need this service, and would like to cancel this and have the $69.99 credited back to my Fingerhut account. Please email me at roxy@comporium.net, as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Thank you. Lavonne

• Ho
      17th of Dec, 2011

I went on Fingerhut.com and applied for credit. I only qualified for $125. That is ridiculous.

• Be
      31st of Mar, 2012

FINGERHUT HAS BECOME THE WORST ONLINE MERCHANT DONT CREDIT PAYMENTS EVEN WITH PROOF FROM MY BANK HOW THE HELL DO THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS STUFF??????????????? SCAM AFTER SCAM

8th of May, 2012

I suddently received a Playstation 3 in an old address (my ex). It was in my name, bought with a newly open Fingerhut credit account, to my name, only I never heard of fingerhut in my life. I had identity theft before, but this time I suspect (no accusing, but only my personal opinion) that fingerhut has something to do with it. I say that because what kind of identity thief would order stuff for myself and send to an old address? besides, when I called, they were so proactive and prepared to deal with identity theft issue that even felt like they were being suspicious... as I mentioned, I had identity theft before, and it usually take some work to get everything fixed... but not with fingerhut, the first person who picked up the phone already knows all they have to do with ease hum... just a headsup. I might be wrong, this is a mere personal opinion. Maybe there are more people with this issue?

• Ed
      10th of Jun, 2012

i was just bill 69.99 for this credit watchman and i didnt agree to it either i want it taken off my bill

• Be
      10th of Jun, 2012

Hate the fruad they get away with!!!

• Go
      15th of Feb, 2014

Last week ran a credit report and found my score was all the way down to 600s. Guess what...a $800 delinquency report from Fingerhut and account profit loss and write off. I have not even heart of fingerhut, not received any item for the amount and I have no clue what the purchase item is. I just got an affidavit from them today to sign off and I hope it will be all cleared from my account. I have also filed a police report along with it. This has never happen to me and all this makes me little nervous about being prone to more identity theft in the future.

• Lo
      26th of Mar, 2014

I have just had an finger hut operator attempt to steal my identity!! After catching on to the abnormal questioning I asked to speak to a superviser...SHE had the same Nigerian accent, gave me a fake operator number...later she called me on her personal phone and requested that I upgrade my account information !!! GET REAL!! Trying to report this took three days to get transferred to a "fraud" dept, that said they would call me back within 48 hrs, even set up a recognition code! It has been 48 hrs, NO CALL BACK...operator's at customer (dis) service KEEP LYING and say there is no fraud dept, trying to get a supervisor is near impossible! Asking for legal gets you HUNG UP ON!!!...WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH FINGER HUT??? are they in business to rip people off? Of course NOW they say I am delinquent on payment and have charged me late fees!!! FEES BECAUSE THEY SCREWED UP!!!
    Looks like its time to lawyer up...whos with me on a class action law suit???

• Me
      18th of Nov, 2014

I just found out that I have an account with them that I have never created and owe them $. They keep giving me numbers to call and when I finally had enough an told them to put me on with a supervisor they can never find one and after 10 min of waiting want you to either call back or they will call you . So continuing to wait. Hopefully we get somewhere case this is CRAZY!! Has anyone else got this problem resolved?

• Er
      6th of Nov, 2015

I opened an account with Fingerhut in order to establish credit when I had no credit. The entire time I used the account I loved it. Easy cheap payments, a user friendly website, and all my items always showed up. After I had them for a while I decided I had earned enough good credit and paid the bill off in full. I left the account with a zero balance and stopped using it. Flash forward 5 months and I get a late fee taken from my bank account from them. I know I didn't buy anything so I went to login. My login info had been changed. I called them to see how to get into my account and ask why they were charging late fees. They told me the information had been changed and the new address they were shipping items to was in Missiouri... That;s funny because I have never lived out of California in my entire life. I told them I lived in California and that I was not making those purchases and they should close down the account immediately. Not only did they not give me my login info even though they were charging my bank account. They wouldn't even give me the address of the location that was making purchases...They told me they could only send a letter to the address in Missouri...ok? A year later, after I have been working with creditrepair.com to get rid of them, I get a letter from their collections department for up to 2, 400 dollars worth of stuff. I told them to close it and they let them continue to make purchases!!! I now have to file police reports and my credit went down 200 points!!!

TLDR: Never use fingerhut if you want a secure credit line. They seem user friendly, but when there are issues they are impossible to work with.

• Wh
      20th of Dec, 2015

I am currently in a battle with fingerhut conceding an iPad that they shipped to Alabama. I live in WV!!!
    The worst part is I stopped this shipment and they let it go through the same day that I cancelled it. I have contacted my states attorney general and am in the process of finding an attorney to perhaps file a class action suit. What a fake company that operates in the US but cannot even US workers.

• Mi
      20th of Jan, 2016

I had the same issue, as posted by other person above. I moved to Florida from Ohio and received a forwarded item for play station from fingerhut. I returned the item and still am receiving letters that my "account" has been charged after their "investigation" concluded.
    Called a fraud department, and they say they will call back in a few days.
    I do not understand what is going on

• Ni
      13th of Jul, 2016
    FingerHut - Have not posted payments and charged interest
    Fingerhut

I paid off my Fingerhut credit card at the beginning of the month through my bank's bill pay. I have the confirmation number and proof that it was debited from my account.

6 days later, Fingerhut still had not posted the payoff to my account and charged me interest on the unpaid balance.

When I provided the proof to Fingerhut, they stated a glitch in some system and would post correctly in 24-48 hours.

48 hours later, when it should have been fixed..surprise, it wasn't. The person I spoke with stated that I should wait 24-48 hours before following up.

I am trying to buy a house, that I am supposed to close on tomorrow, not happening because of their mistake. I need a letter stating it is paid off, but they will not provide it until the glitch is taken care of regardless that they have the proof it has been paid.