Finex Group, LLC / Del Tow & Finex Group, LLC

1394 Tully Road, Suite 207, California, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-443-4686

Late 2006, I finished paying off a collection agency (representing for Del-Tow) completely for the towing of my old car. It had been 4 and a half years when Finex Group, LLC. calls and proceeds to explain that the Collection Agency I had paid my debt in full to, had scammed Del-Tow; collecting the money from the consumers then they apparently ran off with the money. They said I needed to request the records from that company, right after telling me that the company is no longer in business. I told them that I would go down to the bank and get my statement from when I made the payment in full. They told me that it's "not good enough." Their reasoning for this was; "we do not have the records, so we don't know how much the previous Agency had you pay." Personally, I feel that it is not my responsibility for repaying in full, plus about $500 or so in interest. I paid off the debt, I don't feel I should have to pay it again because the tow company chose some untrustworthy company, that did not relay the payments back to them. I also feel in a situation where, for example; a tow company was scammed by a collection agency, they should have a representative from said company, call and explain what happened and what is currently going on. Instead of having a collection agency call and tell you that the payment I made before; basically does not count and I have to pay it over again, plus the interest incurred during all that time before getting in contact with me. Honestly, when it comes down to it I don't know whether to hold Finex Group, LLC. or Del-Tow accountable for this. If there is any information, anyone could provide for this situation, I welcome (& beg) for you to post a comment below. Thank you for your time and patience.

Fe

Comments

• Fe
      Nov 11, 2010

Thank you for the advice Mica, I am considering it. Just a matter of finding the right one.

• Ro
      Jan 09, 2011

I am having the same problem. THIS IS A SCAM!!! The Finex Group works with towing companies and is taking advantage of people because California DMV records are so far behind...that is why they are trying to collect money from folks who were the past owners of vehicles. They have simiular cases with Century Towing, Del Towing & East Bay Towing and many more. I am in the process of filing a lawsuit against theses crooks. If you are being SCAMED by the companies please feel fee to contact me at [protected]@sbcglobal.net

Thanks
    Robert Casey

Mar 16, 2011

Basically, when you pay a debt, you are supposed to keep or get a receipt. Best to maintain both a copy of the bill and proof of payment. If none of these exist then you have no proof and collections can legally move forward until proof of payment in some form is offered - that is in any industry - telco, auto, retail, etc. Finex Group is one of the best to work with that attempts to help debtors and follows the laws. I ought to know I used to work for them and they do not tolerate unprofessional behavior and they follow FDCPA law to the letter better than anyone I know. I know who you are talking about that went out of business and because of the problems they caused all legitimate disputes were honored and accounts closed.

• Ff
      Mar 26, 2011

Well... Finex Group, LLC are nothing more than a bunch of hustling thieves, they're sharks that prey on the weak. I have been in my own heep of trouble where they say that because I sold my car and didn't have it smogged before I sold it, I am still liable. I provided them with my Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability from the DMV, which the say is insufficient. I'm not sure about your case per say, but I know for a fact these guys are scammers. I'd get all the documentation you can and fight them with it.

• El
      Apr 21, 2011

This is the same thing hat happend to me! I gave a care away that I had never even registered in my name because it needed a new transmission when I got it from my brother. I gave it to a neighbor who ended up having it towed away because he could never fix it either. Now I have a $5, 200.00 towing and storage bill for a car I didn't even own. How can you owe $5, 200.00 to a collection agency for a car you didn't own? You can go around and around with Finex but all they care about is getting somebody, anybody to pony up some cash. I even told them to call my lawyer and gave them the information but they keep calling from blocked phone numbers. They call my cell number, my work number, my home number. Anybody know how to make these people leave me alone?

• Je
      Dec 01, 2013

Hello All-

I am a consumer advocacy attorney in Oakland, California. I am very sorry to hear about the problems you have had with Finex. Even more regrettably, I can assure you none of you are alone. My office has been retained by a consumer who is also a victim of their misconduct in trying to collect money from former owners of vehicles towed/stored after a car's ownership has transferred to another party. My colleagues and I work to protect individuals and the general public from illegal and unconscionable business practices like those apparently relied upon by Finex. My opinion, at this juncture, is that Finex's attempts to exact payments for bad debts is illegal and, therefore, the law should be brought to bear on them so Finex is held legally accountable for its bad acts.

If you agree that entities such as Finex should not be allowed to harrass and exploit individuals, wrongfully and with impunity, I kindly ask you contact me to discuss your situation. At this stage I am only interested in learning more about each person's experiences to discover how widespread the problem is. Certainly, there is not any charge to speak with me. Rather, it would be my privilege to talk with you and I will greatly appreciate any assistance you are able to provide. Below is all my contact information. Best regards.

Jesse Clifford Adams SBN 214113
    F: (510) 500-3612
    [protected]@earthlink.net

• Ke
      Mar 26, 2016

Collection attempt on fees for car I have not owned for over 2 years. This may be a scam or fraud.