Fifth Third Bank / lost funds, stollen money

1 Cincinnati, OH, United States Review updated:

Fifth third can't even handle basic math. They made a mistake with a deposit (put it in someone else's account)then charged me hundreds in fees for the privilege of taking my money. After confronting them with proof(deposit slip, original check stamped "Fifth Third for deposit only") they finally admitted their mistake and put my money back in my account(unfortunately my account was charged so many overdraft fees that almost all of it was taken.) This is their mistake, they admitted it, I have proof. Now my home has a lien on it due from some group of criminals that Fifth Third uses to collect from people they have screwed. This institution should be closed and the leaders imprisoned with rapists and murderers. We need a Gitmo for white collar crime.

Comments

Ra
  6th of Apr, 2008

My husband has be out of work for some months. He has a job now and was working with the fifth bank about his car payment. He paid two payments on the car and the man at the bank, which was not nice, said that if we will paid two payments on the car, That someone will not come and take it away. That was a big lie. It was a Sunday and they got the car anyway, we just have two more payment to pay on it to be up to date, but now we will have to get the car back now. Do not trust this bank, the customer service is ugly. They just tell you anything to get some money.