Festiva Hospitality Group / quit claim used as trade in on purchase
I purchased this timeshare and signed a quitclaim deed as trade-in towards purchase price. The following January, I received billing for the maintenance fees for the old timeshare which I had signed the quitclaim deed for. I called the company and they told me that several people had been done 'that way' but that I still owned the old timeshare due to Festiva not recording the quitclaim with Horry County courthouse.
After phone calls and even a visit to Festiva, I was treated as though that quitclaim never took place and that I owed full price. I had the quitclaim deed in my posession and was asked if they could see it. I was showing it to the female and she took it to make copies but never returned it to me saying her manager would take care of it but in the mean time they wanted to offer me options!! Options for upgrading, etc. of which I wanted nothing of the sort. Now I have no proof of them taking the quitclaim deed and I have maintenence fees for both places AND I just received SPECIAL ASSESSMENT FEES of $465.00 apart from regular maintenence fees for Festiva. Reason? They can't pay their bills! Well, I can't pay their bills either.
What recourse do I have? PLEASE HELP ME. I'm having difficulty paying my own home payment, etc.
More Festiva Hospitality Group Complaints & Reviews
- Festiva Resorts - festiva resorts misleads consumers 
- Festiva Resort Adventure Club - never able to use 
- Festiva Resorts - duplicity 
- Festiva Resorts - promotion fraud 
- Festiva Resorts - scam and cheating 
- Festiva Resorts-Ellington at Wachesaw Plantation East - fradulent advertising and purchasing 
- Festiva Resorts & Hospitality - fees & interest 
- Festiva Resorts - liars 
- Festiva/Peppertree - many issues 
- Festiva Resorts - absolute scam!