Ferrellgas Three Bridges, N.J. / Completely unreliable!

Ever since we made a new account with this company we would have to call to get our gas tank filled, which was okay with us. The problems began shortly after during the summer of 2004 when we called up and did not come for 2 or 3 weeks until we called again. So at least twice a year we have to boil water to take showers because we would call, the gas runs out and they won't come.

A week ago, after waiting 3 weeks for delivery, a new driver came and told us that we need our tank moved away from the door and the AC machine and that they wouldn't fill the gas after it's moved. The was already spent, so I called the local office and the latest the could've come to move the tank was today Wednesday (about 5 days after they driver came).

I called this past Monday to confirm that they were coming, you never know with these people, and they said they were going to. I called today to see if they were still coming and and the lady said the truck broke down just a few minutes before. That's okay she said she would have to re-schedule for tomorrow, and i asked if our house will be a priority because it was schedule since last week but she didn't understand my question. I asked if she understood what I was trying to tell her and she said that she did, she said that I demanding for someone to take any truck and come over and move the tank.

They said that it's a code in NJ that you can't have the gas tank close to the AC so all of these years drivers that are apparently trained put our house at risk. is that negligence?

What was irritating is that she stands behind such unreliable company, she would be the one who would have to shower with pots and cans she would understand our frustration.

V

Comments

• Pa
      16th of Jan, 2009

I can identify with the folks in N.J. Ferrellgas has been less than helpful addressing my complaints, to the point where I believe its almost criminal. The customer service is non existant from the Kansas City, Mo. office and I have been told one thing and had the opposite happen on three occassions.

Not long ago, I ordered gas from Ferrell. I was told the price was $3.39 gal, plus state tax of 8%. When I questioned why the tax was not included, as I have not had this happen before, Ferrellgas had no good answer. I also asked why the high cost since gasoline had come down at that time to about $2.50 gal. Again, I got no good answer. I then called a competitor, and the price they quoted me was $2.69 gal with taxes included. And on top of that, tank rental was $50 less per year!

When I called Ferrellgas and informed them of the difference and requested they match it, I was told they would call me back. Well, that never happened. I then kicked Ferrellgas to the curb and told them to get their equiptment, and went with Enderby Gas. Not only is the service local, but they do not charge a termination fee, pickup fee or low/non usage fee. I wonder how Ferrellgas can stay in business with practices like these.

Since then I have learned from numerous previous Ferrellgas customers about the highway robbery tactics used on them as well. The awesome thing is the local Ferrellgas office in Denton, Tx has noone to run it. Im hoping this is from everybody bailing on them. I pray they will continue to fold like a deck of cards in the wind and go out of business.