Fantastic Samsbad coloring job

I went to the Fantastic Sam's in the Nokomis neighborhood of Minneapolis, MN to get a whole new haircut and color. I had called ahead of time to get a price for the coloring, which they said would cost $54.99. They ended up charging me $64.99.
The cut was okay, though she left some pieces uncut, didn't shave the neck fuzzy hairs, and I found a couple of uneven strands. My main complaint is the color, though. I wanted a slightly darker than fire engine red, so when she shouted me the samples, I picked a red with a little mahagony in it. When she washed my hair, I asked her if it was nice and red and she said "oh, it's red!" When I got back to the mirror, it looked dark, dark brown. And even when it was dried, it was dark brown with a little hue of red or purple in it. I just about cried and told her it's not what I imagined. She just said " it's red!" Since I had my son with me, who had been very patient already, I didn't want to press the issue at the time, but now I wish I had. I don't know if they would be able to fix it without ruining my hair.
I will never ever go to a Fantastic Sam's again, though.

Cl
Apr 11, 2015

Comments

• Mo
      Jan 31, 2010
    Fantastic Sams - New owner
    Plainfield
    Indiana

New owner claims he bought the assets of the company not the debt. Started all employees as new-hire so everyone would be cheated out of vacation pay. Don't patronize a company that doesn't take care of their people.

• Ho
      Jul 08, 2010
    Fantastic Sams - Lady was not paying attention to how much she was cutting off my head
    fantasticsams.com

Don't go to the one in Lakewood, Colorado. The lady was nice but I think she was too busy trying to talk to me and not paying attention as to how much she was cutting off my head. I said half an inch not 3 and a half!

• Lu
      Aug 22, 2010
    Fantastic Sams - Money taken out of check without permission
    Fantastic Sams

The general manager, Wendy Reed, took money out of my check and the other stylist's checks to pay for the company's advertising without any of our permission. She is a low life and a fraud!

May 14, 2015
    Fantastic Sams - Rude girls and ruined my hair
    Fantastic SAMs
    Princeton

Went in for a color and was overcharged, was treated poorly, girl bleached my hair to the point of being so dry that i lost 6 handfuls of hair and was no where near the color i wanted. Refused to fix it and refused to refund my $100. I will never go to this business again.