Fairpoint / Horrible horrible horrible customer service

1 Nashua, NH, United States Review updated:

Absolutely THE worst company I've ever dealt with. I am now on hold for the 5th day in a row as they can't find my records. ANYTIME. ANY DAY. I pay them every month and they can't even find my info! Nobody returns calls, they don't follow through on anything. It's like nothing ever happened. This is about hour #5 in a week. And nothing has been resolved with my router issue. NOTHING.

I would switch in a heartbeat if this weren't a MONOPOLY.

Horrible. Just horrible.

Comments

• Ba
      30th of Apr, 2009

Yup!

• Un
      1st of May, 2009

Same thing -
    I call Fairpoint, they promise to call back within 24-48hrs.
    They never call... this is the 3rd time in 2 weeks. First they have no record of my first call, then they tell me they'll call me back, (they never do), then they tell me the $67.98 for the Direct TV & Internet 3.0 combo promised by both directTV and Fairpoint is something they never heard of, but it will cost an extra $43.99/mo for internet seperate of DirectTV.

On hold with them now for a Supervisor... 33 minutes and counting

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE FAIRPOINT

I want to thank the state for allowing Fairpoint to come in and Verizon to exit, NICE MOVE DUMB ###

• Ih
      30th of May, 2009

The worst EVER!! Took a month to get a line re-hooked up in a new name at same addtess!!!

Http://www.ihatefairpoint.com

• Me
      4th of Oct, 2009

THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE!!!

I had made a payment arrangement 5 days b4 I would have been due for disconnect and per my conversation w/ CSR..."you are all set ".

I called my final payment on residual past due amt>note it was taken from my cking account in minutes after calling in the payment, and for the second time I encurred another over the phone payment fee of $3.00.

5 days after making full payment (earlier than promised) my svc was disconnected ANYWAY !!!I work 3 towns away from home and tried to place a call to home line on my break, my husband works 3 rd shift and I call to get him up for our 2 autistic children to get off of the bus. I called them to have the svc turned back on..."you will need to wait 24-48 hrs.

I am writting this on a Sunday morning...I have not had svc since Wednesday am!!!

I have filed with a complaint w/ the BBB---THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

PS.
    I was talking to mnger ?? "Matt" and I asked for thier corporate contact # so I could complaine and his responce (after 10 mins holding)" the only thing I have is thier PO BOX"...ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS!!!

• St
      13th of Jan, 2011

I pay my bill they shut me off the next day ..i Call them up they said my payment was late cause there service for payments didn't post it to my account on time ..now they want to charge me to turn my services back on ...

21st of Feb, 2012

Terrible service!! Lack of follow through on new products ordered. I have lost business due to mistakes that they made when services were ordered, & they failed to follow through.

• Fr
      4th of Oct, 2012

Lay them all off including the CSR, bunch of fast talkers that won't give you their CSR identification number and/or employee number.

• Ji
      21st of Jul, 2014

I am having an issue with high speed Internet. You cannot schedule service online. They have a hold time to speak with a service representative of 20 minutes or more, and you cannot leave a number and have them call you back. The only way to have them coordinate a service call is to wait on the telephone...its been 24 minutes and counting...FRUSTRATED!!!