Fairpoint Communications / Poor Service / Unending delays

1 VT, United States Review updated:

I placed an order for high speed internet on January 16, 2009. I was told my order would include hardware for the connection, as well as software, in addition to the 'line switch' upgrade to DSL. I was told that I would have all necessary equipment and connection to DSL by February 12, 2009. By the end of the following week, i.e. Feb 19, I contacted Fairpoint to inquire about the status of my order. I was told that they lost my order. I thus re-ordered by subscription for high-speen internet and was told that I should receive my hardware/software upgrade in about one week. I contacted Fairpoint again on Feb 27 and to inquire about my order's status. When the service rep checked I was told there was an error on my order. Apparently I was not able to receive the higher band speed of 3.0Mbps because of my location. I was, however, still capable of the broadband connection but at the slower 768kbps. I was again told that my hardware would take one week to arrive. I called again on March 13 and was told 'sometime in the next week to 10 days' my order should arrive. Is this rediculous or what? (Within the same time frame I placed a separate order (not Fairpoint or telecom related) from an internet mailorder house located in Tennesee and received my order in less than a week.)

Ke

Comments

• Ke
      20th of Mar, 2009

Oh, as of this writing, March 20 I still have not received anything from Fairpoint. Is there someone in Vt gov't who can at least receive my complaint?

• Sh
      21st of Mar, 2009

I live in Maine and Verizon was my ISP prior to FairPoint buying them out. Let me tell you, my internet is slow and my email is slow, get my messages in bunches not as they arrive. I have tried contacting them online and after waiting over an hour for live chat I disconnected. I finally reached someone by phone that didn't know what he was doing. Had to keep putting me on hold and asking someone else. Finally told me it was my computer. Well it is not my computer. It is such a hassle to change ISP and set up email and internet access again. Don't know what I am going to do. I might as well have dial up again.

• Ti
      1st of Apr, 2009

I agree with Sharon. My internet is just as slow as it was when I had dial up and in this day, for the money that we pay, is disgusting. I have had verizon for years without issue. I was able to surf the internet at a pretty fast rate. Since my service switched over to faripoint, it is excruciatingly slow and I refuse to give them more of my business by upgrading to fios. I am wondering if that is exactly what they are trying to do. I have several computers so I know that it is not the computer. I will be taking my business to comcast. I find it hard to believe that an already established service, verizon, suddenly comes to a standstill when another company takes over.

• Dj
      4th of Dec, 2010

My compliant is just that of their billing practices. I am paying $75.00 to $78.00 dollars for unlimited calling ONLY! What I dont understand is how they offer these Bundles at a much lower rate or adding to about the same as I am paying for JUST UNLIMITED CALLING. I have asked them this same question only to get the run around or some really lame excuse that makes no sense. Why is it I am paying so much for just the calling service when they are charging around Twenty Dollars less for a BUNDLE PACKAGE.