Fairpoint Communication / customer service

1 AL, United States

On April 24, 2009 we discontinued our service with Fairpoint Communication and asked that a referral be left directing callers to our cell phone. Simple request, right? Not for FC. They have directed at least five other phone numbers to our cell phone making it nearly impossible to get any work done because we must answer the phone for fear that one caller will actually be correctly directed to us. FC has left referral numbers that are incorrect. This resulted in directing our callers to unknown numbers. The people at Fairpoint Communications can't get it right! After I requested that I be reimbursed for my time when making the dozen plus calls during the last month to correct the problem (and as of today, our callers are still being directed to an incorrect number) as well as the time it took to answer unwanted misdirected callers, I was told the best they could offer was a $20 credit by Amanda in Customer Service who said "I will not deny that mistakes have been made". I wouldn't recommend Fairpoint Communications to anyone. If there is no other land line option, just use your cell phone and save yourself a lot of time, grief, and a bundle of cash each month.

Ka