ExxonMobil / credit card interest rate increase

Got a letter today that my interest rate was increasing from 9.24% TO 16.99%. They are not able to tell me why. FICO 830 and no adverse changes in our financial situation. WE only use this card at Mobil gas stations to get 3% BACK in rewards towards other gas purchases.
Guess they don't think this is profitable anymore. Well that's OK because we paid off the balance last month and will find another card for our gasoline purchases...Heck, they closed all the EXXON stations and 3 Mobil stations inour neighborhood so Hello Sunoco!

Comments

30th of Jan, 2009

CANCEL EXXON-MOBILE CARDS! WE WERE BUYING SEVERAL THOUSAND GALLONS/YEAR AND WITH A MINOR LATE PAYMENTS THEY RAISED THE RATE TO 26%. WE CANCELLED THE CARD AND I WILL NOT BUY EXXON-MOBILE GAS IF POSSIBLE.

I WOULD LIKE TO PLACE A GIANT BILLBOARD IN HOUSTON SAYING "EXXON-MOBILE CHARGES 26%!

SHAMELESS!

• Fo
      24th of Apr, 2009

Exxon-Mobil changed my credit card rate from 10.9 to 23%!!! A 130% increase!! Never late, always paid more than the min, was a customer for over 14 years. Exxon's bank rep stated that ALL their credit cards had gone to 23%. This is beyond greed and taking advantage of the economic situation in America. I closed the account, which will have no affect on this giant corporation, but gave me some satisfaction. I'll shop at their competition. Will NEVER buy gasoline from the rip-off artists at Exxon-Mobil.

24th of Nov, 2009

Same story - never late; paid well over minimum payment. Rate was close to 11%; but loved the convenience of Mobile stations near my home and work. Also loved getting the rebate on gasoline. Yesterday got a letter that my new rate is 25%. Whoa - cancelled card lickety split. Another one bites the dust...