Express Scripts / prior authorization

1 United States

I have been trying to get Enbrel for 3 weeks. At first, Accredo said doctor had not provided dosage information and that no prior authorization process was needed. The Doctor was on a vacation, but worked with Accredo despite that. Accredo called us and confirmed with us that they had everything and will be shipping medication immediately. Fast forward one week, I am still waiting for meds, I call them back and they say the only information they have is for Humira and that their scribe took wrong information (I am allergic to Humira and hence my need to be on Enbrel). Then 4 calls and hours on hold over the phone, they tell us they need prior authorization, even verbal would work and I should try to be positive. Doctor's office complies and calls first thing in the morning. She is told its not sufficient. We get back to Accredo and they say the Doctor's office has not spoken at all... another 2 hours on hold and they say the Doctor's office has been calling wrong people and it's not their responsibility. I was on other line while the Doctor's office kept trying to sort it out with them. Now they say that Accredo can't do anything, it's Express Script's issue... Long story short... I still have no medication and nobody wants to be accountable for this...

Ji