Exploretrip.com / booked us on a different flight and did not tell us

1 DC, United States

I was really excited to find cheap flights on ExploreTrip's site from Washington DC to San Francisco and then to Sydney. But the day before the flight I tried to do an online check-in and learned that I was placed on a different flight than my ticket said: it was 8, 5 hours later! It totally ruined my plans, so I kept calling the customer service to see if they could still issue me the original ticket. First they blamed the airline but when I talked with the airline, they explained that ExploreTrip had made a mistake and not confirmed our booking with the airline on time, and then they had confirmed a different flight without telling me! Despite the promises of the customer service to put me on another flight, they never returned to the calls. Later, we wrote and official complaint and got no reply at all. Not only the failed to communicate to us that they made a mistake, but also the failed to provide even most basic customer service. I am just happy that they did not put me on a flight 8, 5 hours earlier!