ExpediaI got double charged by expedia and the hotel and have to rectify myself

I booked a hotel on April 27, 2018 through Expedia.
Hotel overview

Econo Lodge Malden
321 Broadway, Malden, MA, 02148 United States of America
Reservation dates
Apr 27, 2018 - Apr 30, 2018
Itinerary #
[protected]

I was also charged by the hotel. I contacted them when I discovered this and got the run around how they could not see that I paid through Expedia and to call back. I called back and they said someone would get back to me. No one did. I called back a couple more times I got nowhere. I tried Expedia and got a recording and could not talk to a person to explain the situation. I called my credit card to get it straightened out and they were requiring more and more information because they could not believe this would happen, I guess. I had to spend hours on the phone and lose time from work to handle this situation. I tried Expedia again and finally figured out how to talk to a person and after being on hold for over an hour and a half and getting to talk to July, Ann, C.J. I had to continue to ask for a manager and got the run around and was put on hold. Finally I got Regina, she offered me $100.00 credit back to my card. I do not think this is enough for all the time and aggravation this issue, that has been going on for over a month, has caused me but I was told that is the most she could offer and I could not spend any more time on the phone dealing with this terrible experience. Dealing with this has wasted a lot of my time that I can't get back and work I had to make up and stress and aggravation by the poor customer service, I was provided. I think management at the company should be aware of this and should do something about it if they value customers like myself. I hope this gets to someone that cares enough to do something about it.

Paul Ceruolo