Expediadisgusting customer service

A Jul 20, 2017 Review updated:

I booked tickets via Expedia in February, for my trip from SLC-CCU on 29th November 2017. The first leg of the trip was with Alaska Airlines. In May, they rescheduled their flight. I was asked by Expedia to cancel my booking and take the refund. I asked for a change in the booking of the first leg instead. It took them 7 full days and numerous phone calls (with the assurance of solution in 48 hrs, every time) to finally book me on a Delta Airlines flight.

Cut to July, Singapore Airlines (my major carrier) reschedules couple of flighta and I end up with a possible misconnection. Again, I am assured of resolving the issue in 48 hours. It has been three days, and every time I call, "We will send a mail to Singapore Airlines for a waiver code to book you on a different flight" is the response. I still do not have a confirmed reservation and they do not have a clear answer either.

•   Jul 20, 2017

Not their fault the airlines changed the flight schedules. Next time, book directly with the airlines.

•   Jul 20, 2017

PS, THIS is why you buy TRIP INSURANCE.

• A
      Jul 20, 2017

@Wine Is Good ^This. I always buy insurance for plane or concert tickets. Things happen. I'd rather eat $20 for insurance rather than $400 for tickets.