Expedia / changed flight with no notice

I booked a trip to Thailand through Expedia. The day before I was scheduled to leave the US I received an email saying changes had been made to my itinerary. I called the agent as it said to do. I spoke to an actual live human being who looked up my flight info and said there was a 10 minute change in my first departing flight, NOTHING ELSE CHANGED. Her words. I printed off the most up to date copy of my itinerary and I left for Thailand.

I had a wonderful trip. When I showed up at BKK to start my travel back to the US I went to the check in counter where the woman told me "no ticket." I was puzzled as I showed her my itinerary and she continued to check the computer. I went to the airline customer service desk where I was lucky to have a woman that spoke decent English. She looked up my flight and said that Expedia had changed my flight to an earlier one - 6am!! Well I was at the airport at 5:45am since I thought my flight was at 8:15am. She said Expedia should have notified me. She was able to reschedule some things so I was able to make it back to the US. I went back through every email I ever received from Expedia, NOTHING. I pulled up my itinerary online, it still showed an 8:15am departure out of Bangkok. I spoke to a freaking human being from Expedia who told me NO CHANGES to my return flights.

I will never book travel through Expedia ever again. The heartache and anxiety I experienced while sitting in another country trying to get back to the US all because they didn't notify me of a MAJOR change to my flight.

No thanks Expedia, I don't need the headache that comes along with using your services.

Je
Apr 16, 2013

Comments

• Jv
      12th of Jun, 2013

I had a very similar situation my flight was changed without receiving a notification, I discovered when checking my itinerary online, when I called Expedia for some help they contacted the airlines who offered to reimburse my money but I have bought those tickets 6 months in advance and at this time they were very expensive, I was trying to see if they could honor the same price on another ticket since everything was done through them, well they refused but not happy with that canceled my flight, which I was holding until able to get something better, and never took any responsibility for it. I will not go back to use their services, there are others, thousands of online travel agencies and even better than they are, my account closed.