Expedia / expedia stole my money

1 Germany

My son in law booked a flight for my other daughter and her son from Quito Ecuador to Frankfurt Germany. Before booking the flight he checked the rules and restrictions and they were unavailable for the itinerary because LAN Air had not given it to Expedia. My son in law then contacted Expedia to check if the tickets could be exchange or cancel in the event the tourist Visa (a confirmed plane ticket is required before applying for a tourist Visa according to the instructions from the German Embassy) gets denied. A Expedia representative told my son in law the tickets could be cancel or exchange for a penalty fee of a $100.00 each passenger then at that time we decided to go ahead and made the reservation. Sadly enough the Visa got denied and when my son called to get a refund minus the penalty fee, Expedia says the ticket are not refundable. Then they told us to call LAN Air and when we did call they say the tickets are not even transferable or can't changed at all which is more than what Expedia had told us before booking. We had call several times to Expedia just to encounter the same round around problem, they put you on hold for one hour then the said to call LAN Air, then we call LAN Air and they said that only Expedia can make anything about it. We are now in the process to file a complain with the government, attorney general, BBB, and our credit card company.