Eve's Addiction / not so "free" shipping

United States Review updated:

I ordered 3 items from the website. Free shipping on orders over $75. The items were cheap and didn't look anything like the quality merchandise on the site. I opened them at the mailbox and immediately took them to the post office to return them. When I received my credit, it was $5.95 less than what I paid. They charged me for the shipping. Their return policy is deceiving...if your order qualified for free shipping and you return something and it reduces your order below the required amount...they charge you for the original shipping.

I received crap merchandise, had to pay to ship it back to them and then got hit with the original shipping charges.

I will never do business with them again...

Lm

Comments

• Ra
      12th of May, 2010

I love the quality and styles that Eve's offers. I usually order above the $75 to take advantage of the free ship offer. If you send an item back and and it reduces your order below $75, it's not a $75 order anymore. Don't you know that is standard procedure with all merchants? If it weren't, many people would order two items send one back and get free shipping while creating an increased burden on the merchant.
    If you know of a merchant who does it differently please let me know so I can place some orders before they go out of business.
    By the way you sound like one of those people who goes looking for fault. Did you really open the package up at the mailbox to immediately confirm your suspicion that you weren't go to like it?
    I have no affilliation to Eve's just an addiction to their awesome bling.

Raechel

• Lm
      12th of May, 2010

FYI...QVC refunds all shipping charges on any returns. Heels.com pays the shipping both ways for any purchase. Kohl's, Macy's, JCPenney, American Eagele, Aerie, Target, just to name a few, will never charge back the shipping charges for returning one or all of the items, even if there was a qualifying amount.

Sorry that you consider this policy standard procedure.

I'm not the kind of person looking for fault. If I thought for a second that I wasn't going to like an item, free shipping or not, I wouldn't waste my time ordering. I am also the kind of person that will write a positive comment, call a manager to my table to compliment them on the exceptional service I received from their staff. I will also take the time to complete a store survey to let them know about a sales associate that went above and beyond.

I used this forum to inform others of their shipping policy and to state my personal opinion regarding the quality of the merchandise. I never went after the character or made assumptions of others that didn't have the same opinion as me.

• Ka
      26th of Sep, 2012

I received an engraved bracelet for a gift that is so scratched that I can barely see the engraving. I cannot give this gift so I'm out over $100 as engraved jewelery is not returnable. BUYER BEWARE!!! Karen

22nd of Mar, 2013

terrible quality of item - item arrived broken and did not look like the perfect item on the website. poor craftsmanship and poor customer service. i think any good reviews on this website must be fake and posted by their own staff. on their own webs...ite they only post good reviews so don't bother reviewing them through their website if you have anything negative to say - wont post anything below 4 and a half stars. not a company i would ever do business with again! they are not ones to care about retaining customers like many other companies i have done transactions with