Everstar Merchandise / everstar merchandise rip off

United States Review updated:
At the beginning of December 2007, I purchased FOUR boxes of LED lights made by Everstar Merchandise from Sam's Club. I not only intended using them for the holidays but also year round.

Within 2 weeks half of a strand of bulbs burned out. A week later half of another strand burned out. I read the instruction about bulb replacement and tried to find the "one" bulb that was suppose to be the problem. What I found was the wires to the burned out bulbs were totally rusted and all of the bulbs were NO GOOD.

I threw out the 2 strands and put 2 new ones out. Once again, it has only been a week and one bulb has already needed to be replaced.

I was told by customer service that they are only for seasonal use. I had the box in front of me and asked where on the box does it say seasonal use. She then told me that it WASN'T written on the box. It is included in the inside instructions where it is very easy to miss unless you make sure that you read EVERY little word.

I spent quite a bit of money on these lights and they are supposed to last 25, 000 hours. They have not even come close to living up to the 25, 000 hours they are supposed to last.

As far as this company is concerned, I think they are ripping people off. I am told I can send the strands back and they will replace them, but I still have to pay for the postage and if I have to sent EVERY single strand back, then the lights weren't worth purchasing to start with.
Va

Comments

Ji
  24th of Nov, 2009
I purchased 20 boxes of the mini LED 60 count lights and ran into similar problems with the quality as mentioned by numerous others. Many of the lights would not light, some missing, the strings on at least 5 of the sets were broken at joints and then the inserts are different for each color so making strings of alternating white and red was virtually impossible. Why in the hell don't these companies make "Christmas Color" light sets. Who wants a BLUE or PURPLE Christmas. Hey Everstar...the public would like light sets with red/white...green/white...red/green/white and other CHRISTMAS COLORS. The days of houses lit up with white lights only is over!!! That is 90's crap.

Needless to say I returned ALL of these junky lights and will now use the old school lights once again this year.
Ji
  24th of Nov, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Forget purchasing LED lights until these companies get it right.
Lu
  24th of Jan, 2010
Yo tambien compre 6 cajas "LED Icicle Lights 140 ct" en SAM'S Club de Bayamon PR. por el modico precio de 14.98 cada caja, y a las dos semanas de haberlas instalado parte de ellas estaban fundidas. Estas fueron instaladas la ultima semana de noviembre y cuando termino el periodo navideño, de las 6 que compre ninguna prendia completa. Al ser removidas la segunda semana de enero, pudimos percatarnos que estas estaban corroidas en el socket donde se coloca la bombilla. Hize el intento de que me devolvieran el dinero y SAMS Club, no lo hizo porque esto era una mercancia de temporada navidena. Tratare de enviarlas a Everstar pero entiendo que tendre que costear las gastos de envio y manejo y no pienso aportarle ni un centavo mas a esta compañia Everstar y me qujare con SAMs por el servicio por un producto de tan pesima calidad. Luisa Morales, Manati PR
Dv
  8th of Oct, 2011
I bought 4 LED strands from Walmart, used them indoors and outdoors for 6 hours a day for the winter season, none of the leds burned out, had no problems, so I bought 2 more this year. Work great. "Seasonal use" means can only be used for 90 days, due to the thickness of the wires, they are too thin for everyday use.
Da
  25th of Dec, 2011
Finally bought LEDs from Walmart, Everstar lights. Should have saved my money, these lights are junk!!! Bulbs burning out, sections working, then not!! Thay have been on my gutters for about four weeks! Junk!!!
Pe
  10th of Dec, 2013
I liked the looks of their LED sets of lights, however they do not live up to anywhere close to their lifetime due to the fact that their wire from the led is not copper it is some type of cheap metal that rusts after one season of use, after that you may as well save yourself the aggrevation and throw them away as they are worthless. the rust is so bad that the wires are either totally rotten or when you take them out they are brittle and break. After changing one 70 string set my fingers were orange and my face was red (haha) and then the wind knocked then out again. to fix your problem use copper wire and seal the ends so water dosent work its way in. i'm going back to the old sets, had enough of LED new age trash.
  16th of Dec, 2013
Nothing but problems with the 200 ct. Multi Mini-Style LED Lights. Bought them at Sam's last year. Bought 4 rolls. Had to return one roll because it did not work. Got my money back but had to send them to Elkridge, MD which cost shipping. This year we tried putting the 3 remaining rolls up. Two work. The third one works on both ends but not in the middle!!! Called the company and they said if one bulb goes out the string will still work. WRONG. Then they said "well check each bulb". Still don't work. I am calling the company again tomorrow and filing a compliant direct with them. May not do me any good, but I will have the satisfication of knowing they heard me!!! I put these lights up because my grandchildren are coming for Christmas this weekend!! I am so MAD I could spit!!! These lights are not cheap!! I am thinking very seriously about going back to Sam's and standing in front of these lights and telling people not to waste their money!!
  17th of Dec, 2013
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Does not do any good to call the company for help either. I was told the same thing, check the bulbs. Told them we had done every thing they told us and basically they said tuff.
Jo
  20th of Dec, 2013
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I bought 60 sets of these lights and they are crap.Not enough pages to list all my complaints about them.
Will never buy anymore lights from SAM"S.Will go to COSTCO"S at least they will let you return items there.
Pa
  9th of Feb, 2014
I did the same thing I bought three rolls of clear lights, worked good the first time i plug them in but second time i/2 of the lights worked cheeked all the lights all were good it was the connector that has no light in it! do not buy these lights!!! don't waste your money!!
paul payne
  9th of Feb, 2014
To dv3894, so glad you had good luck with your lights. You were very lucky. We only used them for limited times at night from December 1st to December 31st. But the second time we turned them on, only half of one of the strings would light up. Another string did not work at all. That one I did return and get my money back but had to do it by mail. They also do not save money on the electric will. They used just as much electricity as my old string of lights used. The only difference is that my old string of lights work! I am not a big Costco fan but I may give their Christmas lights a try next year. Long story short!!! Do not waste you money doing business with Everstar!
Ka
  1st of Dec, 2014
Purchased the C6 lights and had them up one season. All the lights worked when I took them down at the end of December. Put them up this year and half are on and some bulbs themselves don't work. Trying to find replacement bulbs for the ones we have is an understatement. Called the company and the 800 line is always busy. NO luck and very disappointed in these...JUNK...save your money!!!
  11th of Dec, 2014
save yourself money and the anger that will get your heart beating so fast that you may have a heart attack.
NEVER, EVER buy these products. They are cheap junk that were probably imported from China or some
other third world country. But, the prices aren't third world. FIRST AND FINAL WARNING, DO NOT BUY
EVERSTAR PRODUCTS UNLESS YOU HAVE MONEY TO BURN.
Re
  9th of Dec, 2015
I just purchased 2 strands of 200 led lights. Upon unwrapping the first strand, I found there are 8 missing bulbs. Very poor quality control. There are 2 replacement bulbs in the package. Taking the lights back to Wal-Mart and purchasing a better brand.

Go
  16th of Dec, 2015
I bought 6 strand of the C-9 led multi color 59.5 feet lights. In the first days of being on for 3-4 hours per day a section on one of the strands went out.
There are NO instructions included. There is nothing about the spare fuses that come with it. The you tubes I found on line show RUST as the biggest problem with these. How could these have rust already? Also the section that is out is in the middle of the string. I would not recommend you buy these unless your a person who enjoys self torture.
Na
  28th of Dec, 2015
I purchased 2 boxes of " String of 5 grape light clusters" about $ 40 each at Costco. I didn't open them until now and they don't work. I called the company and she said well, we don't carry them anymore and there's no stock on them. Ok what do I do since I don't have my sales slip anymore. Her response, we don't have them so you're out of luck. What a rip... I'm going to try Costco anyway. I Just wanted a replacement or at least my money back.
Cr
  25th of May, 2016
I bought on Ebay through " provisuals " described as Brand new they were sent to my Friend in the UK, brought down 5 months later ! To late to appeal. BOUGHT 216 LED ROPE LIGHT made by EVERSTAR USA IMPORTED BY COSTCO.

LEDS are not non replaceable HALF DID NOT WORK - RUBBISH TACK !!!

Everstar Logo Everstar