EverHome Mortgage / Illegal Late Fees

1 8100 Nations WayJacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-669-9721

My mortgage was sold to EverHome a year ago by Regions Mortgage. In all the years that I owned the home, I have never been late with any payments. In fact, since I don't trust Mortgage companies I always Fed Ex payments so they will be signed by the recipient. Today I got a letter from EverHome stating that I had $47.00 in late charges. Naturally, I called them to investigate. I was told by their Customer Service that I had to contact their Research Department since they could not find any late payments during the past year. The so-called Customer Service Rep then stated that the late charges "might" have been from 2006 for 2 payments received on the 18th and not the 16th and were probably from Regions. Well, when I checked a 2006 calendar it showed that the dates she pulled out of the air were dates that were totally legal since the 16th was on a Saturday. In addition, at no time did Regions ever assess me any late charges. Anyhow, I faxed and wrote a letter asking for the exact dates and the response that I have gotten states that the charges are correct, but without any mention of dates so I can send the necessary proof. These people are basically criminals trying to exhort money from people without any basis in truth. They figure that no one will spend the time over $47.00. The point here is that they are trying to exhort money and are hoping that no one will have their required information from several years ago or take the time to find the documentation. Trust me I will spend more than the $47.00 to clear this criminality up.

Comments

• Nu
      29th of Oct, 2009

Everhome Mortgage company is the lowest form of life left on the planet. I just got hit with another "late fee" of $52.00. Another round with them tomorrow, I guess. The bad thing is, they really have you over a barrel. The only thing you can do is refinance with another company, and thats just not always feasable. My mortgage was "sold" to them and I've had nothing but trouble since.

• Lc
      5th of May, 2014

Everhome Mortgage has sold my mortgage, by the way I am in foreclosure, which I found out happens, the twist is they are still taking me to court, double twist is My house had an electrical fire and had to be raised, so there was no house when they sold the mortgage, triple twist is I never should have been foreclosed on because I owed approx. $3500.00 to bring my account current, I sent them a check from the insurance payout approx. $14, 500 which $2500 of that came back to for the demo and the rest to the mortgage payment, which was more than enough to cover the back payment until the insurance cut a check for the rest of the amount owed. But instead they put the $12, 000 in a restricted account . So I owed them $3500, which they forclosed on me, but they have $12, 000 of my money in this account of there's. Sometihing smells rotten about this company, will see if the judge sides with me, I'll comment after the court date.