EverHome Mortgage / Illegal Late Fees
My mortgage was sold to EverHome a year ago by Regions Mortgage. In all the years that I owned the home, I have never been late with any payments. In fact, since I don't trust Mortgage companies I always Fed Ex payments so they will be signed by the recipient. Today I got a letter from EverHome stating that I had $47.00 in late charges. Naturally, I called them to investigate. I was told by their Customer Service that I had to contact their Research Department since they could not find any late payments during the past year. The so-called Customer Service Rep then stated that the late charges "might" have been from 2006 for 2 payments received on the 18th and not the 16th and were probably from Regions. Well, when I checked a 2006 calendar it showed that the dates she pulled out of the air were dates that were totally legal since the 16th was on a Saturday. In addition, at no time did Regions ever assess me any late charges. Anyhow, I faxed and wrote a letter asking for the exact dates and the response that I have gotten states that the charges are correct, but without any mention of dates so I can send the necessary proof. These people are basically criminals trying to exhort money from people without any basis in truth. They figure that no one will spend the time over $47.00. The point here is that they are trying to exhort money and are hoping that no one will have their required information from several years ago or take the time to find the documentation. Trust me I will spend more than the $47.00 to clear this criminality up.
More EverHome Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- EverHome Mortgage - Lately fees! 
- EverHome Mortgage - Foreclosure Fraud 
- EverHome Mortgage - Fraud alert 
- EverHome Mortgage - Foreclosure 
- EverHome Mortgage - BOGUS FEES ILLEGAL PRACTICES 
- EverHome Mortgage - Reporting incorrect info on my credit reports and owes me money 
- EverHome Mortgage - Customer Service
- EverHome Mortgage - Over Charge, will not return money
- EverHome Mortgage - Escrow shortage, and excess fees 
- EverHome Mortgage - No service at all!