EverHome Mortgage Logo

EverHome Mortgage

Having problems with EverHome Mortgage?

Complaints & Reviews

poor business practices

I have had the unfortunate "luck" of having my home mortgage sold to Everhome Mortgage Co. in 2008. They have had excess funds in my escrow account which exceed those allowed by law. I have found that it has been almost impossible to get my refund of these funds. After talking with eight different employees in Customer Services I have been given eight different reasons why this refund has not been mailed to me. I was told that the refund had been issued a month earlier and must be lost in the mail; I was given two different amounts in which the check had been issued; I was told that it was company policy to hold the refund for ten days after check is issued for verification that account is not more than 30 days delinquent. I would like to state for the record that I have never been late with a single payment to Everhome. One employee even went so far as to say that they could not mail the refund for ten days after it was issued because they had to verify that the "check was good". While I am sure she did not mean for this statement to come out like it did, it is very bad business practices. When I requested the phone number for the Corporate Office from an employee named Dana I was told that that information was not available to her. When I asked Dana for the name of the person sitting in the top seat for Corporate Office she did not know that information either. Finally after going around and around with her she put me on hold several times and finally came back with a telephone number for Corporate and a name. Upon making a long distance call to the phone number provided to me by Dana, I discovered that Corporate offices for Everhome Mortgage were located in the very same building where she reported to work every day! I attempted to make contact by telephone with Mr. Robert Clemets who sits in the #1 seat for Everhome only to find out that nobody in the building seemed to have his office number available and there was no way to make contact with his assistant. Needless to say I am very angry at this point. It infuriates me to think that our President is giving our tax dollars to banks to bail them out of their own mess from shoddy business practices. I would strongly suggest that Mr. Clements at least take the time to send out a memo to each and every employee in his organization so they can no longer say they have no knowledge of his name or phone number. I would NOT recommend doing business with Everhome Mortgage Co. to anybody!!!

Loan Modification

I called the company to ask for a Loan Modification and they advised me not to pay my mortgage for 4 months then call back. I called the company 4 times and it is the same answer that I received. I received a letter in the mail from the company saying to call us we can help if you are over your head with your mortgage. My loan is also covered by FanyMay and they told me I was ### out of luck! Does anyone have a solution? I need help before I do lose my home. I have lost everything else...Sold newer car, dropped home phone + cable and internet and eating off cheap caned food since I need to make the payments.

• Bo
    Bobbi Jun 10, 2009

Look into filing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. Discuss with a reputable Chapter 13 attorney. I'm in a different type of battle with Everhome/Fannie Mae. Their accounting records are a nightmare. Contest what they claim you owe. There are probably big mistakes in their records. Keep records of all of your payments handy, this is really important. Try not to become to frustrated with the amount of time it takes to get things straight. Try to get all of the assistance you can with going over your payment history matched against their records. If they file a claim in bankruptcy court that is not accurate, they can experience major fines by the judge. Also, there is the possibility that your attorney can file a request to reduce your payments and principle if you can prove that the value of your home has dropped significantly. This will require a current appraisal of your home. I know filing for bankruptcy protection is extreme but I really do not think that the mortgage servicer or mortgage company cares much about the person about to lose their home.

The other option you may have is to seek a credit counseling agency that does not charge a fee. The ones that do not charge a fee are legitimate. Check with your local consumer credit counseling agency.

Good luck to you.

Foreclosure

My mortgage loan was recently bought by Everhome Mortgage in Georgia. Unfortunately, that same home was scheduled for auction this month (April). This is especially bad since I've owned the home since 1996 and had over 30, 000 in equity. As a recently returning mobilized Soldier from Iraq, I was unable to get a job for seven months. Finally, I took a job with McDonald's but was not able to continue to work because of injuries received while in the desert. I was place on unpaid medical leave in Oct and did not finally return to work until Feb 2009. This was not my first mobilization, having served 45 months intermittently since 9/11. Always, unable to get a job once I returned home.

Prior to and during my deployment, my husband and I unexpectedly lost two children (22 and 23 years old). Each burial expense totalling over 25, 000 dollars. Which we were fortunate enough to pay cash for. Having said that it is apparent we were struggling especially since my husband is a mortgage broker and has almost no income for the last two years. Recently he opened a small business and it is doing fairly well.

Having said that, we tried to work out a repayment option for the loan to catch it up. But Everhome was not willing to help at all or to discuss our foreclosure. Even after the President elected to help stop those in foreclosure. I am still a Soldier and serve in Virginia where I also found a job. Everhome refused to work with us or the Veterans Administration who guaranteed our note. Stating that even though I am a Soldier and not currently living in the house they could not help me!! There are many Soldiers who do not live in their primary homes. It was not that we necessarily could qualify for assistance, but their refusal to even work with us as a mortgage company. We showed enough income and had a buyer with a contract for the house to sell. Still they would not grant us a forebearance or give us any consideration for the loan. We have never had a problem in the past renting it, and only did so because the house would fall in disrepair. It is not an investment, but mine and my children's only home.

My ex-husband defaulted on the note after 9/11 and I ended up being responsible for over 16, 000 in arrears. I was able to catch that up in one year with Regions Mortgage. They were great and worked with me every step of the way. They received all their money with interest. I've never had a problem with a company that simply refused to work with someone willing and able to pay. I've served the Army faithfully for 28 years and proud of every moment. Sadly the Soldiers coming home are suffering at the hands of the very people we are trying to protect. My goal is to show that Everhome is making a profit off the foreclosures by not disclosing the money they are making off the sale of the foreclosed properties. In essence stealing the equity in the homes rather than trying to save the mortgage and the loan.

I will still hold my head up and continue to reach toward the larger goal; a proud American worrier. Trying to do what is right and honest. AND never leaving a fallen comrade!!!

• Pa
    Patricia Jun 17, 2009

I had a terrible experience with Everhome Mortgage. Last fall I applied for a Loan Modification and they charged me $3000.00 first so that they could see what program I would qualify for. I borrowed the money as they said it was legal fees, yet I never saw any attorney's name or contact information.

They wrote up my modification doubling my payment from $3000 to $6400 which was defeating the purpose of the program. I would never be able afford that payment. I gave it my best shot but was only able to make to payments leaving me with NO money for all my other expenses and bills. So now I am again trying to get a program set up with no response and I have gotten a foreclosure notice pending and I am out the $3000 fee that they charged illegally. One more thing that company has hired the MOST RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL people I have ever spoken to in my lifetime. I need help and just don't know where to turn or who to trust. [email protected]

• Te
    Terri007 Jun 18, 2009

Patricia,
    My name is Terri I am so sorry to hear what happened to you thats why I'm on here trying to make a difference and maybe help more people save there houses. I recently did a loan Modification with the Al Verdi Law Group. They walked me through every step of the process from start to finish, I was very fortunate to find such a wonderful company to work with. If I may recommend any company to do your loan modification I would give them a call, they did my entire loan modification in exactly 47 days and anytime I had a question they were very responsive in getting right back to me. Its unfortunate there are so many bad company's out there, If anyone comes across any other bad companies please post because no one deserves to get there house taken from them. You can contact them at 866 400 1694 The gentlemen I worked with name was Cale Swanson.

steal your money

when everhome brought my mortgage, they called me and told me i had no money in my escrow account??
2900.00 said i have 30 days to pay, so i had to make arrangements with them.home payment with up 125.00 per month for 2 years, 1 years later they call me and tell me they found some kind of mistake and i owe they 2900.00 more dollars. payable in 30 days, so i make arrangements again, house note up to 750 now. get a letter from the state saying my house has been sold in state auction for non-payment of taxes ( this takes 3 yrs )my mortgage includes my taxes and insurance.called the mortgage company they told me i need to call them every year and remain them to pay it.got that fixed for a fee i had to pay the late charges??so my mortgage went up
this happened twice my house in a state sale???
guess what happens when i start digging i find out i have no insurance on my house and it has been 3 yrs without it.for a fee they put their own insurance on my house and there is no way for me to fix this because my house note is so high i can't afford to pay up front for a year of insurance
i would like to know where all the mony went that i paid in-they say my escrow eat it. that 3 yrs-insurance/3 yrs taxes not paid by them
and they keep billing me for more money
they have came up with a new one lately--they said i did not make any house notes the entire year of 2006--how i'm i still in my house??
they have billed me for almost 10, 000 dallars--i have come up with all receipts except 2, i can find
i have been waiting since dec. for them to send me a list to conpare to
meanwhile their atty is filing a claim against me
they cannot produce any paperwork claiming this/i can produce 10 months of reciepts saying i paid

i keep getting billed for more money from them/they have yet to provide us with proof i think i need an atty

Debra2009 Nov 15, 2009

OMG! I just got a notice from my insurance company that my insurance has not been paid. I am going to go tomorrow and make sure my property taxes have been made. Everhome is involved in fraudulent activity. I am going to try my best to get my mortgage REFINANCED. Everhome needs to be investigated by HUD.

Debra2009 Nov 16, 2009

Update: I contacted my insurance company and it was not Everhome's fault about the insurance not being paid. The insurance company didn't know my mortgage had been sold. The insurance company IMMEDIATELY reinstated my insurance and stated they would send the bill to Everhome. Everhome assured me they would pay the bill in 5 days. If they do not pay the bill THIS MONTH, I will pay it myself and then I will go the normal channels: Florida Attorney General's Office, better business bureau, and then file a lawsuit for reimbursement of the fee paid.

I have to say though that Everhome answered on the 1st ring and was very nice to me. I pay by automatic bank draft so that may be why they were nice, but they were nice nevertheless. I hope they don't let me down. Also, I asked if they paid my taxes and they said they paid them last month.

I have to reinterate that EVERHOME and the insurance company handled my situation with class. Until they prove me otherwise, I withdraw my statement that they may be involved in fraudulent activity.

Horrible Mortgage Company

Our home equity line of credit that had a zero balance and didn't even know was even active, was sold to...

They ripped me on an appraisal

I wanted to refinance, have great credit, recent appraisal, actually two from 2 different appraisers, 1 at 136000 the other at 136500. Everhome insisted on using an Indianapolis appraiser and this yahoo looked and acted like he just stepped out of the Kentucky hills and his appraisal was only 99000 which queered the whole deal and guess what I had to pay this *** for screwing me. I submitted a 6 month old local appraisal and Everhome indicated if I overnighted it they would most likely use it but guess what, it was just more money out of my pocket and we ended up breaking off the mortgage. Everhome would be my last choice for anything!

• Da
    David Barrett Mar 12, 2009

Everhome mortgage advertises lower intereast rates on their website than they will give to you. I watched their rates online for a week and talked with a loan officer several times and even asked for a good faith estimate to verify fees. When their on line rates dropped 1/2% overnight, I called loan officer to lock and he basicly said the rate change did not apply to me and that I could not have the rate reduction unless I bought a point. My credit score is in mid 800's and loan to value at less than 50%. Loan officer was basicly planning to steal 1 point from me. talk about a scam. No wonder our financial system is in such disarray. Theives.

Bad Service

Totally agree. My mortgage got sold to Everhome Mortgage last year. And they suck and have awful service. They are rude and do not know the ABC of Customer Service.

I finished school in the summer and was still looking for employment after graduation. All the while that I was in school, I never missed a payment and even though I was still unemployed, I continued to make timely payments. But when in November, I called to find them for alternatives and to ask them to lower my interest rate, they were so rude and although by then the government had interwened and had lowered all the rates to abysmal levels they would not budge. In fact, in response to my phone enquiry they then sent me an e-mail stating that I was delinquent when I have never ever missed a payment or even been late.

For anybody looking for a mortgage, don't use them and if possible have a clause in your mortgage that they cannot sell your mortgage to Everhome.

• Al
    Al Smith Feb 10, 2009

It would not hurt to try and have such a clause added to yout note, but highly unlikely. Blocks of loans are sold daily by lending institutions. The way the system works is lending institutions sale loans to gain funding to generate more loans. Servicing companies purchase loans to replenish the loans that were paid off or refinanced out of their blocks of existing loans.

As for interest reduction, unless it is something mandated by the government or a clause in the original note, the mortgage company will more than likely not enter into an agreement with with a borrower to reduce the interest rate. It would be like your employer who signed an agreement to pay you a fixed salary of say 6, 000 per month, then come back and say to you because sales are down I am having a hard time making payroll, so I want you to agree to a reduction in salary for the rest of your service here at XYZ company. See my point? They are in business to make money.

Thanks, Al

Late Fees

My account was sold to EverHome Mortgage in November, 2008. December, 2008 I sent a check and it was not cashed until 12/11/08. In January, 2009, I paid on line on January 2, 2009 and they charged me $12.00 late fee because it was late (due on 1/1/09). I sent them an email and their customer service department called and left me a message that since it was due on 1/1/09 that I was late because I paid on 1/2/09. I have never heard of this and I cannot get anyone to return my call to explain it to me. During the 8 years that I have had this mortgage, I have never had a late fee and do not think I should have gotten this one for paying on 1/2/09. I feel that the $12.00 should be credited back to my account or they can put it on the principal. I don't want a late fee on my mortgage. Thank you for any help you can give me.

• Ap
    [email protected] May 13, 2009

I agree. I am on the same boat. Every mortgage compamy that I have dealt with has always had a least a 14 day grace period. This company will charge you a late fee of $12 for the first 15 days "late", and a late penalty of $32 if received more than 15 days late. Ouch!

• Ha
    Hate Everhome Jun 25, 2009

I fought everhome on this same charge, it is not " a late fee" it is a payment processing fee, and if you pay online, you will be charged this amount no-matter what.
    I had to pay it unfortunatly for two years, after complaining to the department of banking, attorney general's office, and the office of thrift supervision that oversees everhome, it was finally dropped. I continue to pay online, and do not pay this outrageous fee any longer.
    It is just another way for everhome to rip you off.

• Bn
    BNK Apr 06, 2010

The $12.00 was a pay by phone fee; not a late charge. All mortgage companies charge a fee for payments that are done past the 1st of the month. To avoid this charge you can go online and set yourself up on a monthly drafting, which you can set up to draft up to your grace period for free. This way it will come out of your account within the time frame you set up, no fees are accessed and can pay after the first with no issues. Hope this helps!

• Ju
    judy king Apr 19, 2010

they reported that my payments were late when they weren't

Horrible Customer Service-Are there any humans there?

Unfortunately, our loan was sold to Everhome Mortgage last April. In October they sent notice that our total payment was raised over $200 to cover insurance premiums. The minute I received notice of the increase, I reduced our insurance premiums and insurance binders were sent to them. No changes have been made in our monthly payment. I have tried to use the website and calling them to request escrow to review our payment and readjust to no avail. They make it very clear, whether by website or by customer service that they can't help us, just make your payment. Their customer service cannot be human, they all give the same memorized answers. We are self employed real estate appraisers. We have been living on the edge for over two years starting with lousy mortgage brokers wanting us to over value properties and telling them no way. So, it was tough making the payments before and even tougher now. But, we have had perfect credit for over 30 years and so have made every sacrifice to make these higher payments on time. At the first of January 09 I sent a registered letter asking them once again to review our escrow account and reduce our monthly payment. It is now Jan. 27th and I haven't heard anything from them, so here comes the February payment at the still higher amount to try and make. There is no place in their website for anything out of the ordinary. It just wants money. Calling customer service is the same. You might as well be talking to a recording. Are there any human beings there? I don't think so. We are doing everyting humanly possible to stay afloat here to no avail. This company is impossible to work with and we have both been in the industry, from processing to escrow to appraising for 25 years. So, we know the language and the procedures. It is of NO help with this outfit.

• Ze
    zenforyou Feb 10, 2009

I also had a similar experience with the "non-human" customer service. These guys...or whatever you want to call them, have no sympathy, courtesy or understanding of any kind. My mortgage was also bought out by Everhome and I have never been late with my payments. This month(feb/09) i wanted to skip a "one" time mortgage payment due to financial hardship. They didn't care...all they said was "you can't skip your payment, we can't help you" I can't wait til the economy rebounds...so I can sell my condo and never again associate with these slimeballs again!!!

• Al
    Al Smith Feb 10, 2009

I do not have a loan serviced by Ever Home Mortgage but I have seen so many negative comments about them that I had to call the 800 number Patti left. I called and explained that I do not have a loan with them so I had no loan number but I wanted to ask a few questions that will not require sharing private information about any of their active loans. I got a pleasant young lady we took the time to allow me to ask questions knowing that I am not a customer. I asked about the policy for an escrow analysis. She explained that if the tax and insurance amount is in access od 50 dollars (as yours was Patti-so your call was very justified), they will send a request to the escrow department to have the escrow investigated. The customer will be contacted within 7 to 10 business days. I asked what do the customer do if they are not contacted or have not received the analysis in the mail by then? She said that you can call in and have them review the comments on the account for an update. With the analysis being sent to the customer by US mail, some delays may be due to the mail system.

I know that it looks like I am coming to their defense, and in a way I am because I did not get the same negative experience. Understand that the customer service agent you are speaking with is in a cube with a headset on. They do not have the privilege of getting up and walking back to the fax machine or going to someones office to check on an account. They are taking call after call all day. I would suggest that, if you are not already doing so, talk to the agent with a positive attitude. They get more than enough negative calls or called where demands are made and the demand is against company policy. Just tell them what you are trying to do and ask for their advice on how to handle it. I am not saying that this and almost any company you call that has a customer service department is not going to have a few butt holes, but let's not stereotype all customer service agents and even the company for one or two butt holes. If you get a butt hole, call back and keep calling back until you get someone with a good attitude.

As for the above comment about the skip a payment option. That is an option at some servicing companies but not a policy that all services companies have. You have to understand that the payments must be made so they can get paid. I know that to you its just one customer, but on the same day you made that request there my have been over 3000 other people who may have made the same request. If they granted the request to all of you, they would not be able to explain that to the stock holders or the people that they have to make payments to.

Hope this makes sense.

Al

• Li
    Lisa Feb 10, 2009

I have been dealing with this company for the last 6 months. I have NEVER in my life dealt with such unprofessional people. They are rude and unresponsive. How about a class action law suit?

• Pd
    PDJORDAN Feb 11, 2010

our loan was also sold to Everhome and we have had nothing but problems.They are very rude and refuse to work with you.They have also charged us late we mailed out our payment in plenty of time for them to get it.I dont think their so -called customer service have kind of education, and they could all use a good dose of charm school.And if you can send your payments western union where youll have proof that you sent it.As far as a lawsuit, I am definately on board.

Lack of receipt of payment

My daughter has a mortgage on the home she has owned for almost 6 years. She's a stylist and the economic downturn has hit her hard. She is working but her income is not consistent and she has had her mortgage sold to Everhome Mortgage, who has a mailing address in Georgia.
She has tried to make payments, albeit partial, but the payments have been refused by Everhome and so at this point she is in arrears 5 months and facing multiple late fees. Inspite of mul;tiple attempts on her part to work out an arrangement with Everhome, they have been unusually difficult. As her parents, we co-signed on her mortgage and so wrote a check for nearly 2500 dollars to bring the account current and sent it January 6th, as of the 16th of January they claimed they hadn't recieved the check. So when the customer service people were contacted by us, they claimed they still haven't received it as of yesterday, the 20th of January, causing us to stop payment on the check and make arrangements to have the amount transferred to our daughter's account and have it electronically debited and credited.
Well this arrangement was unaceptable to Everhome who requested the amount be taken in CASH to WESTERN UNION and wired to them. Right... I don't think so. We will be contacting the attorney general in Georgia and letting them know just how shady the business practices of Everhome are.

• Ba
    Barb Feb 20, 2009

We also have our mortgage with everhome. Our mortgage was sold in November 2008 from Gmac to Everhome. Everhome increased our mortgage payment by $282.00 per month. I called and spoke to several people at Everhome who could not explain what was the other tax. Our mortgage payment already included our county tax, and we have no other tax. They finally straightened it out after 3 months, but we did have to pay the increase. We have to file a complaint to get our money back. I also sent my mortgage payment on Feb. 6 priority mail with delivery confirmation. Our payment was received by everhome on Feb. 8, but did not post to our account until Feb. 20. There should be a way to file a class action on them. It seems that have many complaints and we have no choice but to deal with them since our mortgage was sold to them.

lack of service

I too have had the unfortunate dealings with Everhome mortgage being my mortgage company from being sold by Regions. I called to make a sceduled payment for my December payment and while on the phone I set up (my mistake) my January payment. My December payment was late due to Christmas and was taken out last friday... then the other wasnt supposed to be take out until Jan 30th and I would be current, but no the next payment came out on saturday so my bank account was in lockdown until the unscheduled charge was reversed. Once it was taken care of I check my bank account today and guess what, they took it out again!!! So I go through the whole dance and song again to get it taken off AGAIN so my bank account is for the second time in lockdown!! What the hell??????? My 13 year old needs a job so I may ship her to Florida to straighten out the company (she can do math and scheduling). And to boot my monthly note went up 250$ because someone guessed at my Escrow (new screw up). Stay the hell away from them or burn your house down and live in an apartment so you dont have them for a mortgage company!!! ( can you tell im upset??)

• Br
    Brilwathien Jun 16, 2010

I was forced into signing a modification of my loan, which I was later told I did not qualify for, leaving me behind on my mortgage. When I asked what I could do to get caught up, I was told that I would qualify for a forbearance for six months and they would work out a payment plan with me at the end of this time to bring me up to date. After six months, they stated that I did not qualify for a repayment plan, that I dd not make enough money. During this time, I was getting nasty collection letters, when I called Everhome I was told to ignore these, that by law they had to send them to me. That as long as I was working with them, they would not foreclose. I had been saving these six months so that I could make payments. Now they say that I have to try and qualify for another modification. After I sent in the paper work with the help of a mortgage counselor, I got a letter saying that my house was in foreclosure and that there would be a sheriff's sale next month. I firmly believe that they led me down this path on purpose. Now I don't know who to turn to.

• Ka
    Kayla123 Aug 08, 2010

We are going thru the same thing with Everhome, we leave messages, call them once a week in regards to the status of the paperwork we've filled out three times in three months to see if we qualify for any help and we keep getting diconnected when they "transfer the call to another department", or they never return our calls..my husband and I both feel they have been keeping us at bay to buy them time to start the foreclosure process. We have finally had it after 4 months of getting absoulutely no where with these people. Now we have an attorney.

• Pu
    purplecandym Sep 01, 2010

The exact same thing happened to me. Someone else said they called the FBI. I am getting an attorney and I am calling the FBI. I already called and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Comission.

Chris W/ Nov 17, 2010

Everhome also made a mistake in calculating my escrow - payment went up 300.00/month. They will foreclose on the property. I have come to the understanding that Everhome will probably get away with this foreclosure. I have written to just about anyone...HUD listened the most intently - maybe something will come of it. This company is a disaster. I did think of burning down the house...My family still likes me better out of jail!! I'm not done with them yet - I believe someday something will come of this.

escrowed taxs with no tax libility

I have been trying to get everhome to stop escrowing me for taxs. I have no tax liability(new law Minnesota, 100% disabled veteran, no tax on homestead property). everhome will not comply and will not reply to corispondance. I have sent all paperwork and customer service says to re submit. this I did, no responce. Had County assessor fax preposed tax statement, no responce.Customer service stated there is no direct number to tax department for Everhome and will not connect me to them. dead end, dead end.!!!

• Ju
    Judy Keyser Mar 13, 2008

Mortgage was paid in full since Nov 2007 and still have not received the paid in full mortgage documents, nor have they repaid monies they are holding in escrow.

• Fe
    Felicia Sorrells Aug 21, 2008

My mortgage was recently sold to everhome. We paid our mortgage on August 5th 2008 and they are saying they never received payment. I sent a copy of the money order to the company and they claim they never got it.

• Br
    Brice Jan 26, 2009

Your 18006699721 is the worst number ever. I need to talk to a representative about escrow taxes, and what do I get, a piece of crap telephone number that just gives a person the run around. I didn't want Everhome. I was happy with my old mortgage company. At least with them if there was a problem, I could talk to someone to take care of it.
    Like the person above said, Everhome Mortgage is a dead-end.

• Da
    David Barrett Mar 12, 2009

Escrow Account

In August of 2008, my mortgage was sold to Everhome. Unfortunately, my husband and I were in the middle of a chapter 7 bankruptcy. Everhome refused to allow us to reaffirm on our home, and after our bankruptcy was discharged, sent us out loss mitigation paperwork, even though our payments were always on time.

On 11/20/08, I closed on a new loan, refinancing for my mortgage with Everhome. I contacted Everhome on 11/21/08 to inquire as to how long it would take to have my escrow funds released to me, and the gentleman I spoke with said it could take up to 30 days, but if I opted to forward or fax the needed paperwork, that would speed up the process. Being that I had no idea what paperwork was needed, I chose to wait it out. He did state that my county taxes would be paid soon. I stated that no disbursements should be made from my escrow account as I paid for that at the closing of my new loan. He stated he noted the account and the call was disconnected.

On 11/25/08, I received an urgent call from my loan officer stating I needed to contact Everhome and let them know I am requesting them to not make the real estate tax payment out of escrow. I was a bit concerned, considering I had already made a request that NO funds be disbursed from escrow at all. I contacted Everhome and spoke with someone who documented my account (for a second time), and the call was disconnected.

On 11/26/08, Everhome received a payoff for the above mentioned account, including all interest, fees, etc requested.

On 12/3/08, I contacted Everhome again. I had seen a "misc disbursement" in the escrow account online and wanted to inquire as to what that was. The person I spoke with said that was internal for the recording release fees and that my escrow funds would not be released until 12/26. I was pretty thrown by that, as that was not what I was previously told. All he could say when I asked why is "it's company policy".

On 12/9/08, I contacted Everhome again. My fuse was pretty lit this time, after having told these reps multiple times DO NOT MAKE ANY DISBURSEMENTS FROM MY ESCROW ACCOUNT, I log on to the website to find Everhome paid mortgage insurance premiums to FHA on an account that has a zero balance. THERE IS NO ACCEPTABLE REASON FOR THIS. And the response from the rep, Sonia Reyes, ID SR5 is "We're sorry, but its your problem now. You need to call FHA and get a refund". Not to mention that now I am being told my escrow funds MAY be released on 12/26, but there is a 7-14 business day processing time, plus an additional holding period. This, again, is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. It should be Everhome's responsibility to get the refund of that, not mine. I didn't pay it in error, Everhome did.

I sent this complaint to Steve Zador on 12/9/08, who is some type of VP at Everhome Mortgage. He is a nice enough guy, but doesn't seem too responsive. He forwarded my complaint on to a "customer service bridge" and told me I would be contacted w/in 24 hours. Well, 48 hours later, and still no response.

So I called Everhome again this morning. This time, I got a real "winner" on the phone. Vanessa (ID VC1) who stated that the reason for the 30 day hold on my escrow funds is to MAKE SURE THE WIRE TRANSFER OF THE PAYOFF FUNDS CLEAR!!! I couldn't believe I heard that. Wire transfers clear immediately. So of course, I had to ask if the sun fried her brain. And the call was disconnected. May not have been the most professional act on my part, but after the heck and back I have been through with these people, so be it!!!

To all on here that have FHA loans and wish to get away from Everhome, check with a reputable company about an FHA streamline. Quickest way to do it.

Website

We recently had our mortgage sold to Everhome from GMAC. I had a funny feeling this company was going to be a headache. The first month I tried paying on their website. What A joke!!! Their customer service hours are not very consumer friendly. They are available when most are at work.
I finally got to our account on the website and went to pay our mortgage and to my surprise there was a fee for using the website to make a payment. I called customer service and was told since it wasn't paid before the due date there is a charge. So later that day I tried to log into our account to set up to have the payment taken out on a schedule., but once again I was unable to log in our account. I called customer service again and was told to mail my payments. No way I want to have that confirmation number and to know that it was paid on time. I have tried many times to log in and keep getting a message that the password is invalid.

We were also to get a payment book which has not arrived yet and the payment is due today, so I guess there will be a late fee.

If your mortgage gets sold to them start looking for another company, which I am starting to do.

Misapplied Mortgage Payments

My mortgage was sold to Everhome just over a year ago and they have misapplied mortgage payments twice since then. The first time this happened they reported a late payment on my credit report. I called several times to have them correct the error only to be told that it was "my responsibility" and that they would not be taking any action.

I discovered the second error last evening when they called demanding a payment that I made two and a half weeks ago on time. After giving their representative the confirmation number that they provided me at the time of payment they hung up. I'm afraid this error of theirs will end up on my credit report as well. I can't afford to see my credit score drop every time they make a clerical error. Is there anything I can do?

• Do
    Douglasville Feb 25, 2013

Ever home Mortgage has tried to foreclose on our property, saying that we were behind and we were not. This has cost us several thousands of dollars for attorney fees.Checks were sent back saying we did not make a payment. We mailed a copy of every check, they still will not accept that they were wrong. Ever home Mortgage trying to foreclosing again. We have had to hire an attorney again to stop these proceedings. Looking for any one that has problems similar, and would like to help us in a suit against Ever home Mortgage. Please give us a call 404-569-5909

Awful service

I requested a waiver for one day of late charges ($68) due to a scheduling conflict. I was told by the customer service manager Kenese Sonny' that 'in the 'REAL WORLD' that doesn't happen!

• Tr
    Truely Pissed Sep 03, 2008

I am currently being over Escrowed. And I have sent county documention proving it. I also got a lower premium rate on my Homeowners insurance, after they reassesed my Escrow account...and still nothing changed. I have spoken with them several times, but they seem to be looking at my situation with thier hands over thier eyes.They are refusing to accept that they are over Escrowing me.

They are robbing me...and probrably are robbing others as well...

Dev Feb 03, 2009

Lost payments

Here is information from one letter that was sent to Everhome- Matter is still not cleared up= Company has sent replies, but with no answers- They state that I am a month behind and still owe them all these past due fees- A couple of the fees they state that I owe are from 2004? Never was I informed until year 2008? This company is completely worthless- There is absolutely no communication going on inside this company- Very poor customer service- I have been yelled at for Everhome loosing my payment - now how is that right- Would like to refinance, but they have screwed my credit so badly I am unable to. For September 2007 your records state payment was applied on a late fee was assessed on 99/17/2007 but no payment was ever applied. Payment was sent from my bank account on 08/22/2007 in the amount of $700.00. For October 2007 your records state payment was applied on 11/14/2007 and then a partial payment on 11/16/2007 a partial payment. Payment was sent from my account on 10/01/2007 in the amount of $964.84. For November 2007 your records state payment was applied on 11/14/2007, Partial payment was applied on 11/16/2007, another payment applied on 11/30/2007. Payment was sent from my account on 10/30/2007 in the amount of 946.84. For December 2007 your records state payment was applied on 12/05/07 and payment applied was applied on 12/31/2007. Payment was sent from my account on 11/27/2008 in the amount of 964.84. For January 2008 your records state payment was applied on 1/2/2008 and on 1/18/2008 payment was sent from my account on 12/27/2008 in the amount of 12/27/2008. For February 2008 your records state payment was applied on 2/08/2008 and 2/11/2008 payment was sent from my account on 1/31/2008 in the amount of 600.00. For March 2008 your records there are no payments applied, payment was sent from my account on 03/06/2008 in the amount of 695.00. In February 2008 my payment should have be for 964.84, but I sent it for 600.00 owing Everhome 364.84. In March my payment should have been for 690.53 leaving a balance of 360.37. I will be forwarding all the following documentation: • My bank statements showing the payments from my account. • Letters from Everhome Mortgage stating my payment plan. • Letters from Everhome Mortgage stating the loss of payments and misplacing of money. Due to this unfortunate mishap, my credit reports, from the 3 major credit bureaus, Trans union, Equifax and Experian report numerous 30 day 60 day late payments, which were indeed agreed upon as stated in Everhome Mortgages documentation. All payments were made upon agreement and should be reported in such a way. I expect for this to be handle immediately and in writing. I don’t want no more phone calls from some idiot in your office that doesn’t understand or have enough knowledge of this situation.

Kathryn pacific,
Missouri.

• Re
    Realty Mediation Services Jul 08, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

criminals

Everhome Morgage Company is criminal in all their affairs.
I have a home with my father in Tennessee, which I live in.
My father has dealt with Everhome in the past up to now.
He is blind and 84 yrs. old and they are threatening him and acting in an abusive manner. My Dad told the mortgage company to deal with me as he can know longer take care of his affairs. Also, I have power of attorney, and they have the paperwork. It shouldn't have been a problem.
For the last 3 months, we have been in financial stress due to medical bills. Dad told them he could not pay and needed to redo the loan and lower the payment. Again he told them to let me handle this. They refused to deal with me and told my father in no uncertain terms would they deal with their daughter, he needed to take care of it. Her reminded her i have power of attorney. They got very nasty with him and told him we could make 3 monthly payments of $300.00, and they would then work out the new payment and extend the loan time at the end. Two days go by and they send him a letter stating that if he didn't have all the past due amount, they would immediately forclose, sending my poor father into a talespin and severe panic. How dare they abuse my father that way!!! SAy one thing one day and something else in writing two days later. Then they tell him he has to pay for attorney fees. Then sent a letter to threaten him again and never signed the letter...and paid for it to be sent registered mail!!! Then no signature. How crazy can they get!!!
They are acting like a frickin' PAWN SHOP.
Now i have to immediately get a new mortgage company, and my dad is so upset he can't even deal with this any longer.
This is pure and simple adult abuse. They don't want to deal with me because i have attorneys to back me up. They can't take advantage of him if I take it all over.
What makes them think that they have a say in who handles the affairs when there is a signed and notorized signature on a legal document!!!
If anyone else would be interested in a class action suit against them, please email me at [protected]@msn.com.
Blessings to all of you through the ordeals of life.

• Co
    Connie Goodwin Sep 28, 2010

I agree with you about Everhome Mortgage.My husband and owed our home for seventeen years before we we lost it in foreclosure. i lost my job in May 2009 after working ther for thirty-five years and my husband came disabled with back problems in Feb.2009. we was trying to work with Everhome to get our mortgage lower so we could afford it. They did not want to work with us at all. We used all our savings trying to keep up the payments. The company my husband worked for does not have long-term disabilty insurance so by Nov.2009 we was trying to make ends meet just on my unemployed check. We finally got behind in Feb. 2010.My husband would call them and try to explain the situation to Everhome everytime he call it would be to a different person. In May 2010 we went to the Salvation Army for help, the Salvation Army decided to pay the three months we were behind on.The Salvation Army wrote Everhome a check and Everhome agree to accept the payments until we got the check back from Everhome saying they had already send our home to forclosure and there was nothing we could do about it! Ou home was sold on the couthouse steps in Aug.2010. Two days later my husband got his settlment from social security, so he was back on the phone with Everhome trying to work something out with them we offer to pay all the back payments plus court cost and pat them six months of payments ahead but they still refuse to work with us. Somebody or some one needs to put this so called mortgage company out of business!

• Gl
    gloria c Feb 24, 2011

Everhome is one of the banks under the Office of Thrift Supervision call them and make a complaint 1-800-842-6929. We have got to stick together

Ripped me off and lied

I needed a new roof and some home repairs. I called Everhome.

I was lead to believe that there would be no problem with my refinance of my home. I would only be out of pocket $350. Well not only did I end up paying the $350, but another $175 for home inspector. Only to find out my loan was denied and was told they did not have the funds to support my loan in the first place!!!

The reason my loan did not get through??? They said my roof needed replacing. Hello? They totally ripped me off big time!

• Am
    Amanda Nov 19, 2008

You should never have out of pocket cost until the loan closes these are called closing cost. Unfortunatly what happened to you is probably a big scam.

• Mi
    Michael T Feb 03, 2011

I just received my 1098 form from Everhome mortgage detailing my payments / interest paid and principal over the last 12 months. they state 7 payments of over $1000.00 to the principal balance made to my account this year. Thanks somebody for reducing my principal by $7900.00 plus

there are now 10 notes entered in the month of June, one of which minused out the June payment. So do I still owe for June ?? All this was an

obvious error to which I have made several phone calls

they did not send me a letter with corrections as they said they would

so I called them again. same story--cant call there cash management dept direct and don't figure they will ever get this straightened out.

Meantime I wonder who has a monthly payment coupon printed out and sent by Everhome with my account number on it-- who lost there home due to misdirected payments ??

Lately fees!

We were unfortunate enough to have our mortgage sold to EverHome, Sept., 2007. Later that month my husband...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices