Europcar International / hire car roadside emergency number
on 2/8/2018 I hired a vehicle from Vienna Airport on contract number [protected]. On 5/8/2018 I called 24 hour emergency hotline number provided, which was [protected] as the rear window had shattered whilst the vehicle was parked during a thunderstorm.
I was asked for a number of details including my location, the registration number and VIN number. I have them the number on the windscreen on drivers side. I was told that the vehicle was not guaranteed therefore they could not come out and assist.
I also tried calling the other numbers provided to me but they simply rang out. Therefore I had no choice but to drive the vehicle away from where it was.
I have been unable to contact Europcar in any way to either report or ask what I should do. Therefore if it rains further damage will be caused. This I should not be charged fir, and I believe that I should not have to pay for a shattered rear window either as no collision or fault of mine was involved. There was nothing in the boot to cause damage and I have no idea how it was caused.
I complain because had I have broken down or it was the front windscreen, I would have been stranded in Slovakia with no assistance.
More Europcar International Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar - charged vat on a rental advertised as being 'vat included'
- Europcar Italy, Trento - unauthorized credit card charges, unethical behaviour
- Europcar International - fake additional discharges-rental 4500330924 dr49153-15/03/2019 
- Europcar International - refund
- Europcar - damages not caused by me