Europcar / damage surcharge
I normally hire with Hertz. This time I hired a compact car (Vauxhall Meriva) with Europcar. A very big mistake.
The car was used to make short local trips for 3 days. It was not involved in any accident or any other incident, and had no damage of any kind - not even the slightest scratch - when I left it at Glasgow Airport. Although Europcar was supposed to be open until 7pm, there was nobody to check the car when I returned it at 7.01pm.
Today I received an email with an invoice detailing the rental charge and a 'damage surcharge' of 65.00. But there was absolutely no damage to the car. I will instruct my credit card company not to pay this totally unwarranted charge and will warn all my friends and colleagues not to rent with this company. Don't rent with them!
More Europcar Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar St. Maarten - rental car scam 
- Europcar International - unprofessional attitude from the staff working in europcar office in cairo international airport terminal 3
- Europcar International - too much billed
- Europcar International - factuur 10091237079 date 23.10.2018 reservation number 1091.336.442
- Europcar International - tyre puncture europcar uk
- Europcar Spain - car rental