eTourandTravel.com / Deceptive telemarketing schemes

Etour and travel called me with an offer after contacting me at the end of last year and I refused the initial offer. The person I talked to offered me the package for $169.00 and I stated that I would need to discuss this with my wife and the person turned me over to their manager who said that if he could make the deal better would I do it right then and he then said the cost of the package would be $69.00 for me and that was what I agreed to and left it at that. I did not open the package immediately after receiving it because I had understood the agreement over the telephone and now my two objectives were to find a time that we both could go and talk my wife into going to the presentation because she does not like doing that, which is why I wanted to speak to her before taking the deal. However after opening the package under balance due were four monthly payments of $25.00. The individual who I talked to never said this and so I called and wanted to cancel the deal because how do you start off with some company that wants me to refer my friends to them when they start off by lying to me. The person who I talked to was very nice and made several concessions by trying to upgrade the package and she did give me a deadline which I missed by one day and they could not cancel the account and refund my money. The situation is this if I stop payment on the credit card they would have to cancel the account but for whatever reason they can't cancel because I do not want to have much to do with the company after the initial first impression that I received.

Comments

• Sh
      9th of Jul, 2007

I got scammed 598$ by etour and travel. DON"T PAY THEM THING!

• Ka
      5th of Jan, 2008

I want the company to uphold what the salesman told me in July. That I had a year to get my money back. Now they are saying that was never said.

11th of Apr, 2008

I want to thank you for the info I just received a phone call for 398.00 package for Orlando I am glad that I refused it.