eTourandTravel.com / Scam and rip-off!

I booked a trip with them to Orlando, getting there on the 14th of Feb and leaving. I was to take a tour on the 15th to get my park tickets. I called the day before telling them that my husband was sick and was unable to come, they said that was ok, because there was two adults in my party. I had friends coming in from Mich, that were going to take the tour to, which they said was ok. When we got to our hotel room it was a night mare, it was way past the point was nasty, there was human waste all over the beds and the bath room was just as bad. When I call down to the desk the manager said there was no more smoking rooms so he sent up bending and told us to clean the beds our selfs. After I called down again they move us to other room that was just as bad. I tried to get etourandtravel on the phone but was unable to. So we had to say in that room that night with two children. The next day when I went to take my tour they wouldn't let me because my husband was not there, after they said it was ok. The other party was not able to take there tour, so we were out four park tickets, and when I asked to talk to the manager she was very rude, I told her about the hotel and she said there were no others open, we had to say there. They did give us another room but this hotel is just nasty. We had gotten food for the kids and all that was spoiled because we did get a fridge that was to be put in our room. I am very upset about this whole trip my little boy got sick from the dirty nasty room and the food that was served in the dinning room. I'm out a lot of money because we had to buy our park tickets, and I had to buy blankets for our room because there;s were so nasty I wouldn't let my dog use them. This hotel needs to be closed down, and etour and travel lied to me and said it was a really nice hotel, and my hole trip was costly and just one big nightmare!

Comments

• Pa
      5th of Mar, 2007

I just had a bad experience with etourandtravel also. I signed up for the package over the phone. After talking to my wife and we figured out it was a time share, we were no longer interested. I had already given them $69.00 over the phone and they were going to draft out $100.00 out of my account. I called and they told me to think about it a little more, view the video that they had sent, because we had 30 days to cancel. Well, needless to say when my wife called to cancel, they said I could not do it over the phone, that I had to email the cancellation. About 5 days later, I received a letter stating that I could not cancel because it was past 15 days. This caused me to have to change accounts at my bank and to loose $69.00. I called again and the woman on the phone said there was nothing she could do and to go ahead and turn them in to the BBB. This place is a scam and a rip-off!!

• Ba
      19th of Apr, 2007

I got a phone call from a female telling me about a trip to Florida, Orlando and free tickets to Universal for 7 days and 6 night for $398 and then I could come back again for just $69 for 6 days and 5 nights and stay at Daytona Beach. It sounded too good to be true! I also knew that I had never given this telephone number to anyone! I knew there was a catch somewhere. She did mention I would have to listen to a 60 minute presentation (from past experience is a bad place to be in Florida... run do not walk to the nearest exit) There seems to be a multitude of timeshare scams in Florida. She kept insisting I give her my credit card number. I asked if there was a number I could call her back after I have had a chance to think it over... of course there was not! I asked if they could send me information on the trip and of course they would not send information until after it was paid for in full. Also stated the hotels were Ramada and Clarion. After insisting again and again that I give my credit card number she said I could look up their web site... which directed me to "etourand travel scam" Fortunately, I still have my money but who knows who else got my phone number and email address.

Thank You very very much for posting these complaints!

• De
      15th of Jan, 2008

I have purchased packages with Etourandtravel on several occasions. My experiences were nothing like this. Infact so far off I'd be willing to bet you were either A. Mistaken and used a different company or B. lying because you weren't intelligent enough to read the fine print. I too recieved a phone call from a woman named Jenaya, she was very helpful and explained everything in detail. I had a few questions at the end and to make sure I had the best possible service she even let me speak with a supervisor, Jose Toro. I was very interested in coming to Orlando for such a great price, but I didn't have a credit card with me at the time, SO I asked if he could hold the reservation for a couple hours for me. He said that wouldn't be a problem and gave me their local office number 407-397-3133. YES it is a time share and they were always very upfront about that. Infact it was made perfectly clear in the tape recording they did with me durring the purchase. I also recieved my confirmation and receipt numbers durring the call. I got my email confirmation right away. They never once suggested to me that the package was refundable but did say I had 15 days to review the package and if for any reason in that time I had any questions or changed my mind I could call their customer service number at 407-515-2400 My room was at the Sheraton in Orlando. It was clean and cozy. I did have to tour the resort and I was asked to make a buying decisoin at the end of the tour. I was not locked into a closet until I agreed they were very courteous. I Got my free passes and was even able to purchase additional passes at a great discount!! I then drove the rental car they gave me to Daytona Beach I stayed in the Bahama House wich was a nice ocean side hotel I had a marvelous time and since have sent quite a few of my friends and family to Etourandtravel for their vacation needs!! If you're hessitant about doing business over the phone but still want a beautiful florida vacation for as little as 169 dollars I strongly suggest you call Jenaya at 407-397-3133. Thank you so much Etourandtravel!!!

• Aa
      17th of Jan, 2008

Wow, these guys are good. Told me I won a trip to Orlando Florida for $398. Some Britney Spears sounding chick made it sound like it was the deal of a life time. The whole time i was barely listening to her and just saying "uh huh" , "sure" "okay". Then when she said "Do you want to go through with it", i said "Sure"...then she asked for my CC Number. Thats when I really paid attention. I laughed and said "Do you think im stupid??".....yadda yada...she reassured me over and over again, and told me i was missing out.

They told me "I was very fortunate to win because only 15% of the people who filled out this certain online survey had won"......then i told them that "thousands of people must have filled that out....15% of thousands of people is quite a few winners, i dont think its really ThaT lucky."

Then she got the supervisor on the phone, he made Orlando out to be like paradise, telling me to imagine my feet in the sand and all that ###. Then he goes "Doesnt that sound just wonderful???" i said "Meh, ive been 3 times, its alright i guess"....i think that kinda caught him off guard.

But to be honest, like i said, they are pretty good, and I was actually considering looking into it cuz he promised the 15 days money back guarantee. I would love to take my girlfriend on a trip. Even though, like I mentioned to them, I'm already going to Cuba in just over a week from now.

I cant count how many times they asked for my credit card number, and all my mailing info. Just then i thought id google up etourtravel.com reviews.....and saw nothing but bad things. I instantly started laughing in the middle of his schpeel then asked him if he's ever Googled his own business.

He then played it off saying its mostly just disgruntled employees. I said "Really? Cuz there is like hundreds of complaints on this one site....i doubt u have that many past employees period."

And that everywhere has complaints....like McDonalds, i said "its pretty tough to compare the two really"

So.....Now i decided ### this guy. So i was like out of nowhere "Okay, well, i really gotta get going, so ill give u my credit card number" . I just changed about 6 number from my actual card, and told him i had to go. Then i told him, actually just plz hang on sec. Then i put the phone down for about 3 minutes......then picked it up and said "You Wastin Yo Time Biiiiitch" and laughed. hah. ###.

• Mi
      18th of Jan, 2008

I too would have to say I dont know what happened with the rest of the people on here. I used my etour package last year, and had NO problems! I did have an issue with my hotel room, they did not provide me with pots and pans, which I had paid etour to upgrade me to a room with a frige and stove and pots and pans. however this was NOT etours fault, that would be the hotel. However I did call and complain to etour, and they credited my credit card, no problem! I also had the rental car, and only had to pay the taxes on it, which you are informed by etour when booking your package! As for those that said they had to pay more, maybe you kept it longer than you had it booked for with etour?!?! I dont know.
    And as far as the time share seminar....you would have to be a fool if you didnt think that this "GREAT PRICED VACATION" didnt have anything to do with a time share presentation! Which etour told me upfront.
    But still, I knew just from them calling me and telling me what a great package it was (in which it really was) had something to do with me attending a presentation. I definately cannot complain, I had a decent hotel, 6d7n, a rental car for 7d, and two Universal tickets. ALL FOR A GREAT PRICE! Perhaps you guys have just gotten a bad "sales person" who told you whatever. DONT KNOW. OH and I DID give them my credit card number, after getting their number to call back, so I could look on the web. However I never came upon these complaints, guess that was good, I enjoyed my vacation, and am looking forward to another one there next month!`

• Vi
      14th of Feb, 2008

I too feel like an ###, after everyone told me to watch out for such things. I thought i was going to spend some time with my grandchildren after having a bilateral lung transplant,excited about all these certificates and all i was going to be able to take them on vacation. WRONG i really got striped of all, i could finally do something rememorable for both them as well as myself. I am so very disapointed with my scambled thoughts, and them for being so dishonest. I have seen alot of dishonorable represenatives around,never thought i would be caught up in one of their schemes.Grandchildren have learned right along with me, it just diturbs me grreatly that the little ones had to let teir vacation go. SHAME ON ME,,,SHAME ON THEMMMMM !!!!!!THANKS ETOURANDTRAVEL for not wanting to refund,along with CHEAPTRIPS, AND THE BRANSON GETEAWAY THAT I NEVER GOT. I was not aware they were on the connection list of complaints. CHECK in for yourselves at ASK.COM,under etourandtravel.comsite:https://www.complaintsboard.com

• Ca
      7th of Apr, 2008

I was called and given the price and asked to go to their website at which time I spotted several complaint sites. I was not given a number to call them back. I was shocked at how much she knew about me, my address, ...I didn't want her to know anything related to my credit card number. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is and if it isn't there should be a number where these people can be traced.

30th of Apr, 2008

LOL Funny how A. Aroncadin above complains and makes note to an employee he was speaking to that this site is here. There are alot of people that are mad!

The part that is funny... is the statement after A. Aroncadin (note 1 day later) LOL who could that be???

I think the only good comments on this site are from the employee's...

I don't trust any "can I have your credit card number) over the phone! It's for a time share!!! Thats it. If they want you to buy one, they will give you the same offer tomorrow!

Good luck all!

• Sh
      14th of May, 2008

I ordered a travel package and tried to cancell it the next day and they said they couldn't find my package. I finally talked to a girl in sales that said my package was cancelled but the next day I recieved a confrimation e-mail and $100. dollars was taken out of my debit account causing an overdraft, I immediately called 407-515-2400(supposedly customer service) to find out what the problem was whereas I was told that it will be three to five buisness day before the money before will be put back in my account( we will see) The customer service reps were rude and unhelpfull. I called four times to cancell the package and then it really wasn't cancelled.

• Je
      1st of Oct, 2008

We have not yet used the etourandtravel vacation. My husband was called by the company and signed up for the package. When I found out about it, I asked him to call and cancel, which he did. The sales person said it was no problem and that payment would be stopped. Payment was not stopped by the company and we didn't figure out where the extra 100/month was going until we received notification that the package had been paid for. At this time, of course it was much too late to receive a refund so we had inadvertantly paid for damn thing. After reading the mountains of complaints about the vacations, I doubt that we will waste our time going down there and just suck up the loss. DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR CC NUMBER!!!

• Er
      29th of Nov, 2008

i just received a call from etourandtravel.com... I spoke with this woman named Maria Desoto and she said that back in february i completed some survey thati have no recollection of doing and that they had called me back then but i had declined... I told her i don't remember any of this. she told me they are giving me a trip for 4 to orlando florida for $198. and that it includes hotel, airfare and car. asked me for my credit card information on the phone i told her i don't even have a credit card. she then asked me if anybody i know has a credit card that i'd be interested in taking along (as if I'm gonna ask a friend to give out credit card info) i told her that i live in canada and not american so how could i be getting a trip to florida so cheap??? she said that doesn't make any difference. she knew my email address and phone number and i don't understand how they got my cell phone number in the first place. Said i had a year to travel and that i had better hurry to take it for the $198 because she just knows it's going to go back up to $398. and they're calling all the people that had declined before and i'm one of them got her to give me their info so i can google it and found this site... the phone number she had given me is 407-397-3133... What a scam oh my god! nobody should ever trust telemarketers or anything like this over the net. If i want a vacation I'd go to a travel agent you can trust and woulda taken one already!

• Ev
      27th of Jan, 2009

As an Attorney, I get alot of folks complaining about these "travel sites". Once we discuss it however; I find that most folks simply did not listen well or bother to read the fine print on their paperwork. These companies are all bonded and licensed by the State they are registered with. They stand to be fined and closed down if they are "truly" fraudulent. As to the dozens of cases presented to me, I found only 1 that had a legitamite complaint to file with etourandtravel, and we resolved it quickly. If you get these calls, do your homework first! Go to their website, check them out. If you like what you see-then try it. If not-don't take chances. Use your head!

• Re
      5th of Sep, 2009

I HAVE BEEN DOWN RIGHT SLAMMED WITH PHONE CALLS FROM THIS COMPANY (ETOURANDTRAVEL) I TOLD THEM AT FIRST THAT I WOULD HAVE TO SPEAK WITH MY HUSBAND (AS HE HATES THE SALES PITCH) AND WE ALREADY OWN A TIME-SHARE. BUT THEY ASSURED ME THAT THEY (THE SALES PITCH) WOULD ONLY TAKE 30 MINUTES. SO I TOLD THE GUY ON THE PHONE "NO" AND THEY HAVE CALLED MY HOME EVERYDAY AT LEAST 2 OR 3 TIMES FOR THE PAST 3 WEEKS. SO TODAY I CALLED THEIR OFFICE IN ORLANDO AND SPOKE TO A LADY NAMED JULIE (DONT KNOW IF THAT WAS HER NAME OR NOT, SHE COULD HAVE LIED ABOUT THAT) AND ASK HER DUE TO THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION ACT WWW.DONOTCALL.GOV WHICH I AM SIGNED UP FOR I ASK HER TO TAKE ME OFF OF THEIR CALLING LIST, SHE WOULDN'T EVEN TELL ME THE NAME OF THE COMPANY (AND HUNG-UP) ON ME!! SO I CALLED BACK HOPING TO GET SOMEONE ELSE, AND STARTED THE WHOLE SPILL OVER AGAIN, AND SAID I JUST SPOKE TO A LADY NAMED JULIE AND SHE SLAMMED THE PHONE DOWN IN MY EAR... SHE SAD YEAH? THAT WAS ME AND I'M HANGING UP ON YOU AGAIN! CALLED AGAIN, I ASSUME THEY HAVE CALLER I.D., AND SHE PICKED UP AND HUNG RIGHT UP WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING, I CALLED BACK 2 MORE TIMES AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED. WHO KNOWS I MIGHT HAVE WANTED TO BUY SOMETHING? I AM A CHRISTIAN LADY... BUT I CAN HONESTLY SAY THIS WOMAN WAS RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND A STRAIGHT OUT B_ _ CH!!! I "WILL" BE SENDING A LETTER TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, AS WELL AS CONTACTING OUR LOCAL NEWSPAPER AND LOCAL CONGRESSMAN. THE PEOPLE, COMPANY, SCAM ARTIST NEED TO REAP WHAT THEY SOW!!! BIG TIME. WE ARE ALL HAVING HARD TIMES NOW, AND THE WAY THEY PUT IT, IT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DEAL FOR A GREAT PRICE FOR A FAMILY OR GIFT FOR SOMEONE! EVERYONE PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL NEWSPAPER, CONGRESSMAN AND BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, SO ALL OF THESE HARD WORKING PEOPLE CAN QUIT GETTING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!!! AS THE SAYING GOES: IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS. TAKE CARE AND MAY GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE SUFFERED AT THE HANS OF THESE PEOPLE AND JUST BY ANSWERING YOUR PHONE. REBECCA

• On
      14th of Sep, 2009

Rebecca-a-h,

you're an idiot...

• Ne
      12th of Jun, 2015

Not allowed to cancel
    Had to talk to 5 different people they still kept messing up!
    Our packet never came. They sent it elsewhere
    Still a big major headache to this present day! !
    Do not use them!~~~ it is cheaper and easier to just go to hotwire.com.
    Telling everyone i know it is not worth the headache. If you want a vacation then go to hotwire.com. It is actually cheaper!

• La
      29th of Sep, 2015

theplaced I stayed in Orlando was great but the $100.00 restaurant card is useless ive called several times but get no where
    I feel I was taken and there was no organization and drove all over town trying to find the welcome center