Etisalat / e life internet

Dubai, AE

I initially closed my account in October, 2016. I submitted a first complaint after I continued to be charged for bills in November. Since then I have paid an 859 AED charge and was told my account was closed. I did not get billed for January. On March 3, 2017, I received another bill.

I have sent in numerous cancellation requests by phone and email and repeatedly get told that the problem is going to be resolved in 48 hours yet continue to be billed. I do not have a UAE phone number or account as I have permanently left the country. My service has been restarted despite leaving the UAE.

My latest reference number is 9846892. I have also previously had number 9826198.

Right now I am being charged for two months of service being reopened. I have email responses from Etisalat on the following dates:
21/11/16
23/11/16
12/1/17
13/1/17
14/1/17
14/3/17
15/3/17

I am very disappointed by Etisalat's handling of this situation and insistence that I pay bills for accounts that I have closed repeatedly after leaving the country. I will certainly not recommend Etisalat's services in the future for their unethical handling of customer problems.

Ty