[Resolved] Etihad Airways / wheelchair crew

To whom it may concern,

I would like to lodge a complaint against Linda, one of the wheelchair crews at Etihad airways. Linda was helping my mother as we had requested wheelchair for her on her flight.

My mother's name is Molouk Zameni and her flight number is EY463.

After we had checked-in her luggages and was ready to go inside Linda, all of a sudden, weighted my mother's HAND BAG, where she keeps her passport and personal belongings and claimed she won't be able to take her hand bag with her onto the flight! Linda weighted the hand bag and claimed the wheelchair will be too heavy for her to push if my mother takes her hand bag with her.

Linda had done something that was completely out of her authority and responsibility hence made us very embaressed and we have been abused by her racisim. We believe it was racisim because firstly she gave a funny look because she was wearing hijab, secondly asked if she can speak English and once we said no to her she went and weightd her HAND BAG.

I would like to note that even her supervisor confirmed she has absolutely no right to weight her bags expecially her HAND BAG.

We have been very offended and felt abused and embarressed in front of all the people in the airport. She had caused my mother too much stress just before her flight.

Therefore, I would like to escalate this matter to the higher management so she can no longer abuse other passengers and their families.

Regards,
Ben Emamifard

• Resolution statement

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Mar 30, 2017

Dear Ben,

Thanks for getting in touch and sharing this experience with us, we would certainly like to further investigate this for you. To do so, we kindly ask you to send us your booking reference and your email address, once received we will forward this feedback to our Guest Relations team who will create a formal case for you and update you as soon as possible.

We hope to hear back from you soon to help accordingly *Gill

Be