[Resolved] Etihad Airways / harassment / misbehaviour by airways staff at chennai airport

France

Respected Sir, Madam
I submit the follwing few lines for your kind consideration and necessary action please.
On 29 jan 2017 I had checked in online and presented at airport Chennai well in advance .
After checking the weight of my hand luggage and my dropin baggages he was issuing all of sudden one person belonging to your company stoped him and told me that I can not board the aircraft. After a big altercation he said he is the manager of the company and started behaving rudly saying that I am drunk. For your kind information that I was on my foot without any help. ofcourse I had taken few pegs of brandy with my Indian friends. He asked one of my friend WHO HAD ALREADY CHECKED-IN and was in possesstion of his boarding pass, to re-weigh his hand baggage. After a tug of war between him and this so called Manager of your company they issued me boarding pass. He and two of his collegues were following us. During security check he spoke with the CISF personnel to block me at the entry, which they refused.
After that I proceeded to boarding area and there was more than 70 minutes, I went to the smoking room to smoke his collegue came to me and said his manager is calling me for which I replied to leave me peacefully.
He requested me that his manager will scold him and so I quited smoking qnd proceeded for boarding.
After boarding, I was proceeding to my prescribed seat, one of the techinicien came to me and asked for boarding pass. I told him that I know where is my seat and went to my seat. Then this so called manager was instructing to air crew something which I least bothered. He called my friend and told him that due to him he has allowed me to travel.
You can verify with the aircrew of EY269 & EY37 OF 29 Jan 2017 if I or my friend misbehaved with them or disturbed them.
How these type of men you can put as manager who is behind harassement of foreigners/ passangers for the motive of MONEY.
I humbly request you to investigate this matter and please inform me through email please. ([protected]@yahoo.com)
My ticket details is Y89YFC.

• Resolution statement

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Feb 06, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for getting in touch and sharing these details with us. We will certainly get this over to our team for you, they will reply back to the email provided. Our team will need some time to investigate this and will send you the case reference number in relation to this experience. *Gill

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Feb 06, 2017

Apologies, we've noticed the booking reference is not an Etihad reference. Do you have the ticket number starting 607?

Please send this over to us as soon as possible and we will forward all feedback to our team for you. *Gill

Ra