[Resolved] Etihad Airways

3.8
AIRLINES
United Arab Emirates
etihad.com
I brings this to your kind attention that i have booked a flight ticket on 5th september 2008 through online by paying from my credit card. But due to my plan changed, and promised by etihad that this ticket cannot be used any more as this is a promotion ticket, i canceled my ticket and requested to refund the money afther the required deduction. The ticket cancellation ref. No. 607-210-333-0-323.

Etahad promised me that my money will be credited back into my credit card account in 22 to 30 working days. But as of today, it is overdue of 40 days but nothing was credited into my account from etihad. I have called call centre and logged complaint so many times, but each time staff giving a default reply of “email sent to the concerned division and please give us a call after 24 to 48 hrs”. But so many 24 hrs are passed.

I have been paying interest to bank for the amount which is still pending with etihad.

And today on 20 november 2008 when i called them back and they are replying that my request had been taken to refund the money again they are asking me to wait 22 to 30 working days. When i asked them why it is again to wait for 22 to 30 days ? They replied they have taken the day of my complaint as ticket refug request.

Then when i asked them that if i do not request to refund the money, what will etihad do ? They said etihad will not refund the money if we do not request.

Regards,

Hameed
Mobile no. 050-7720489
Abu dhabi

Resolution statement

Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Aug 03, 2016
HI Ibrahim,

Can you confirm you have received this refund? *Gill
Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Aug 09, 2016
Hello ImadHabayeb, we are sorry to hear about your experience. You may forward your full feedback including your flight details to socialmedia@etihad.ae and our Guest Relations Team will review your feedback and get back to you once it's fully investigated. *Ela
Complaint comments Comments (26)    Updated: Complaint country United Arab Emirates Complaint category Law & Civil Rights

Comments

A  21st of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
what a cheet company i am shocked
A  20th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
It happened to me also my oneway ticket was never been refunded... so I just leave that way I just want to give the money to etihad owner who ever are they as a burial gift to etihad. and I will never take etihad out of my life... alaaa
A  2nd of Apr, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I booked a return ticket from Abu Dhabi to Geneva and due to some changes I cancelled my return ticket and asked for refund. I paid for the business class seat 14540 AED they refunded 3790 AED is it fair to have this amount as a refund for a one way ticket?
A  15th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have the same problem with u. I called them to cancel my ticket and refund back my money to my credit card and one of the staff said the money will bec redited within 30 days but after 30 days I still did not receive any money from etihad. I called them again and ask them the same question and they ask me to wait again for another 30 to 40 days again for them to credit the money to my credit card account. when I asked them to email me the cancellation confirmation they said cannot because they dont practise that. all I can say is etihad airways is not professional at all. and I wont fly or book my ticket with etihad airways anymore.
A  28th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
I fully agree. I am thinking not to travel in Etihad Airways. I booked returned ticket from Toronto to Islamabad via Abu Dhabi and Jaddah. I was there 59 minutes before departure and boarding staff was there but they said we can not issue boarding pass as you are 1 minute late. I requested that I have to go for Umra and this package includes my hoteling and transportation there. There was an Emergencythat delayed me one minute but they refused to issue boarding pass to me and my whole family. Boarding manager was too rude and he even did not know how to Talk. I was requesting and he was shouting that book another ticket.

So I have to return back. My all package was broken. Etihad cancelled all my booking including return booking. When I called they said you did not appear airport so they cancelled evrything. I have to pay extra $700.00 + all the package renewed and even could not get the proper dates.

Please Please do not rely on Etihad. They are loosing their market. I think they do not have proper management to tackle all these issues so loosing customer satisfaction.
A  17th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I suggest all abu dhabi passenger and all over the world and middle eastern residents not to fly etihad airways its nmber one cheater airline in the whole world. mohd. moin
A  23rd of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
This airline calls their customers "Guests" but there is nothing that remotely resembles that! they don't even come close to it. The staff doesn't have the decency to treat the "Guests" with politeness when thing go wrong. They just ditch you. Would you want to travel with a airline which will ditch you far away from home, especially when you are traveling with small kids. I will never ever travel with them ever again. And just to make something good come out of this I donated all my Etihad flyer miles to charity. You should do the same if you are never going to fly with them.

I may have been lucky, but for the very same problem, KLM airlines treated me my like a human being with a smile, helped me onwards with my journey.

Etihad had no moral sense. I fully agree, they cheat!
N  29th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
The worst travel agency in the WORLD as to be myvacation.co.uk
I would advise all consumer to stay away from these much of COWBOYS.
Everything about them is awful.
A  28th of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
After my father died whilst I was on a recent trip to the uk to visit family I wanted to extend my stay. at first I was told it would cost aud$50 per person to change it to the following week but then when I called back a few days later (once the funeral date was confirmed) I was told I would have to pay more... they did nt know how much more and to call back the following day. I called back the follwing day and explained my circumstances (for a heartbreaking third time) and was told that the sydney offices were closed and to call back yet again. we decided to call sydney ourselves to find out how much it would cost (explaining yet again) and was told the booking office was closed and to call back later. eventually we got through to the booking office and was told our one way ticket for the day we wanted would cost aud$5000 extra (we had already paid aud$7000 return). when we explained that we were told aud$50 at our first call they offered us a seat to travel 4 weeks later. this was not good for us since we had use all our holidays for the previous weeks and would nt get paid for the four weeks extra. I found it very stressful at the same time grieving for my father.in the end we ended up cancelling the (non refundable) tickets and re booking with a different airline for aud$4000. etihad... you are discusting
A  6th of Jul, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I agree also, I was travelling 19 june 2010 from lebanon to sydney australia while I was in check in the lady and man at the counter where very rude to me with baggage, then they stated on my bording pass no boarding baggage allowed which I just check in 1 bag weighing 23kg, to my knowlegde im allowed to carry on board 7kg per person.
Then again at boarding time the lady stopped me, you are not allowed to carry that bag on board I have to leave it at the airport or I have to pay for it??? excuse me, the saidest thing is it was the same lady that just serve me earlier and knew I have just check in 23kg.

What was their problem very very poor service...

Regard, zoe c
N  24th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Etihad does not have a customer services department. They do not care at all about the welfare of their customers.

If something goes wrong you will never get any help from them.

So if you value your time and life - Dont fly with etihad.

The staff are ignorant and arrogant.

CEO of etihad James Hogan should be sacked. ABC News likened him to " A Boy in a Lolly shop"

Spending all the sheikhs money but not building a proper business with it.

They have now resorted to cost cutting and offering cheaper fares - They are going down - Avoid them at all costs.
A  28th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
I totally agree that they have very poor service. I flew with them from Milan to Abu Dhabi several times and twice they gave me a hard time with my luggage. I knew I had excess kilos and I even told this lady that I was willing to pay for them...but the way she said it discourteously really turned me off ! To think that I am already a silver tier member and fly with them almost 8 times in a year. The other time was when upon boarding the supervisor guy at the milan airport said that my carry on luggage was over sized when it has already been checked prior to check in by one of their staff. Also said in a very rude manner. They just lost alot of business from me and my husband's firm. I will not fly with them again.
A  12th of Sep, 2011 by    -1 Votes
I just got the same problem. Will I ask for money or just try to postpone the ticket.
A  12th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have to change my date at this time. What is the best advise to me. People can I ask for money or postpone my ticket?????
please reply me or advise me...what to do...????
N  24th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
I totally agree and i want to checked if i can rebook my ticket actaully i will back on Dubai on 05 Fedbraury 2012 becuase of the personal matter i want to rebook my ticket on 11 February 2012, Please what is process that i need to do because im here now in Manila and this is my complete details of my ticket my Booking Reference Number 58NZF4.
And this is my complete details please i need your help...
Name: Charlyn Merconis
Contact Number: +639 222537436

Please waiting for your feedbak...
N  31st of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
can i pre pond my date, i took my ticket as online
N  26th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
sir. how to i request the electronic ticket. my electronic ticket was missing. i'm arrive last april 3 from jeddha.

please i'm waiting for your feedback...
N  12th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes

Etihad Airways - No response to complaint
Etihad
South Africa

My partner was a passenger on Etihad airways from Johannesburg to Hyderabad. He was due to make the return journey on the 26th of January 2013 but unfortunately died in Hyderabad.
We requested a refund for him and myself for the partly used ticket under the sad circumstances but the only response we have received so far is that the refund has to be made into a South African bank account. This does not make sense as payment was made by credit card and therefore refund should be made unto the same credit card used to make the purchase. Furthermore, I am not resident in South Africa and do not have a bank account there.
I explained this to Etihad South Africa - no response to date (Feb 20th 2013) and I complained directly to Etihad online complaints centre (March 12th 2013) - no response.
It seems to me that their intention was never to make the refund and their unresponsiveness to the valid issues raised confirms it. I will never use Etihad again and urge anyone to avoid them if possible - there are better UAE airlines - Qatar and of course Emirates who have always provided sterling service.
N  13th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes

Etihad airways - Lost Baggage
Etihad Air ways
Iraq

Respected Concern,
Please advise me what should I do about my issue which i am facing last few days from Etihad airways.
Sir/Madam,
1st Flight 4th of April I Traveled on Etihad Airways From Lahore to Abu Dhabi by flight EY242 Departure at Early morning Arrival Abu Dhabi at 9am Local time of UAE.
2nd Flight Same day from Abu Dhabi To Basrah by flight EY553 Departure at Afternoon Arrival at arrival at Basrah 1400 Hrs.
Complaint,
I deposit my one Black Medium Size Baggage in Lahore & get boarding pass & Get Update From Abu Dhabi From Office They Told Me My Baggage is Traveling On same Flight. But When i Reached Basrah i Did not received my Baggage on Air port.
So From Same Day i Am Complaining & Follow up But Still I Did Not receive My Baggage. Now They Are Telling Me possible you baggage is not loaded from Lahore So you Have To Check From Lahore. Actually this is not my duty to do Etihad air line shoulde do it but they are telling me to contact with Lahore.
Now Please advise me what should i Do.
I Send All detail To abu Dhabi Head Office But Still No Reply.
Please Find The Attachment Of my Boarding & Baggage Copon.
Traiq Akhtar +964-78-11614815 sami_tariq2006@yahoo.com

N  17th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes

Etihad Airways - refund req fdrom airline
India

Respected sir / madam

I suppose to travel on 16th april on flight ey 7601 connecting to ey 45 and thn to ey 7926 from mumbai to abu dhabi to dublin to glagow.

I reached airport in time, but poor immegration servicehavin 15 + counters and only 4 of them operational took enough of my time, even though I have chkd in my luggage immegrated but missed my flight. I still carry my boarding pass and and immegration stamp and hence I request u to refund me my fare as it wasnt any mistake from my side in attepting to board flight in time. I asked the respective counter and they have given me abv
respected sir / madam

I reached airport in time, but poor immegration serviced took enough of my time, even though I have chkd in my luggage immegrated but missed my flight. I still carry my boarding pass and and immegration stamp and hence I request u to refund me my fare as it wasnt any mistake from my side in attepting to board flight in time. I asked the respective counter and they have given me abv (guestaffairs@etihad. ae) mail id and hence the abv mail.

waiting for ur reply.