Eskom

Very unresponsive company

4.55
Eskom
eskom.co.za
Power cut off, phoned call centre I was told turnaround time 4 - 6 hours. Ten hours later called again I was told the team would be dispatched in 30 minutes. Needless to say no one responded - called again and was told they do not respond to Table View at night as it is a Red Zone when enquiring what a red zone is they said an area that is to dangerous to be in at night. Finally power was restored after 15 hours - a loose wire at the apparently open meter box. (who left the meter open?). Thanks for the good service Eskom and try get the call center staff to tell the same lies!
Complaint comments Comments (4)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

A  25th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
I opened an account with Eskom 2months ago. I was asked to pay a deposit of R6930.00.

The following month, they called me to ask me to take my own meter reading/ take a picture for them to bill me. I ask myself how are they billing the other houses around my estate. The account arrived and it didnt take into account the deposit at all. I complained about the account numerous times and they assured me it would be resolved. This month's account is even worse. An account that's 2months old doesnt reflect on their system and yet I have an account number. Their service levels are shocking and accounting skills.

I am not going to pay bill that doesnt make sense even their supervisors cant attend to clients effectively...
D  19th of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
I applied for electricity last year December and I was told to pay R7433 according to their quotation, the contract stated that they will come and install within 3months, today is the 20th November 2014, we still don't have electricity and using candles in 2014.
I have been calling Eskom in Matatiele but I am not getting response, I have written emails and calling, No one knows what's going on, I need your help guys this account have been dragging for too long!!!

Why made me pay so much money for electricity and still don't get a basic need as South African Citizen.
This whole situation makes me sick!!!
A  21st of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
We have been having power failures for about 2 months every single day, they promised to rectify this when it started but nothing has been done, I called the customer care Centre today and. The 'lady ' ( hardly fitting ) who was assisting me was beyond rude and unhelpful before she hung up on me, just for asking her whether there were no technicians on standby .
I am appalled .
N  19th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
In my area, we have power failure every year between June and August for 7years now, I call Eskom Lanseria, but nothing is helping, today 19/Jun/ 2017 will be my fifth day without Electricity cause I have 6 References from Eskom but there is no help, the Eskom Car will pass by and we will stop it and pay him for him to fix the Electricity for us, but how long must we pay people and buy Electricity at the same time.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree