eShakti / did not receive merchandis

This company's customer service is a joke! After ordering a dress through them (which I never received) they had the nerve to charge me for the merchandise. When I talked to someone from customer service in India they said the merchandise had been shipped and refused to do anything about the fact that I didn't receive it. They said it was totally up to UPS. When talking with UPS they said that in order to get a reembursement the inquiry had to go through the shipper. Now I'm stuck. I will never order from this company again!!!

Comments

• Ta
      22nd of Jun, 2011

eshakti.com displays beautiful designed items. I ordered a dress from eShakti and was very disappointed and dissatisfied with the overall quality of the dress. The dress was poorly made and the fabric was cheap. The site displays satisfying customer’s comments; which are not true, company probably made them up. I will not order anything from them. From a dissatisfied customer from Maryland.

• Fa
      22nd of Nov, 2011

I agree, bad customer service. They don't state their overstock items return policy clearly when ordering. So as a first time customer your under the impression that you can order an overstock item and be able to return it for your full money back in case it doesn't fit. After ordering you come to find out that you will only be able to receive a gift card for the amount of the order. When you call to talk to someone about this you get no answer various times. You have to a few voicemails until you finally get a reply back. They call back but have to leave a voicemail because you're at work. When you get off work you start to call them and you think awesome they called today maybe I can finally reach someone. Wrong, phone tag continues. When you're tired of trying to get a hold of someone you just take the gift card, only to find out their gift card procedure is a joke. If you don't use all the money in one purchase you loose the balance of the gift card. The gift card also doesn't include shipping. So here you are having to pay even more shipping out of your own pocket while you still have money on your gift card that could have covered it but instead you end up loosing. You're upset because you didn't want a gift card in the first place then you loose money in the process of trying to use up the gift card??? Then 2 weeks later you find out that what you ordered with the gift card is out of stock and the other item ordered is two times bigger than what it looks like in the online image. You talk to someone through email, they act like they are trying to work with you but in the end your back where you began and feel even more disappointed for even trying to work with them because they only add to the frustration instead of helping it. To make a story short I only wanted to order a pretty dress for a baby shower. I ended up with an over sized pin I will never wear and out of approx. $36.00. So if you not made out of money and don't want to risk loosing money, I would stay away from Eshakti and find another online site to shop from or just go to a store. Shopping on Eshakti is too financially risky.

• Re
      13th of Dec, 2011

Hi... sorry to hear about your experiences at eShakti.. could you please email rebecca@eshakti.com with your order details... we will do our best in helping you resolve any pending issues... regards - Rebecca - CSA, eShakti.com

• Ol
      28th of Jul, 2012

I paid for a customized blouse from them that I never got. They now have a "customer service" office in the U.S. A couple of weeks after my order, they sent me an email that it was delayed. It's now been 8 weeks since my order (2 weeks since I spoke with customer service asking them to correct the problem) and I've gotten nothing. I'm beginning to believe that I was being strung along until it was too late to cancel my credit card charge. My guess is that they may sell some standard garments, but that the customizing service is a scam. I generally don't order from a company that doesn't publish their address on their website. This will teach me never to shop late at night when I'm not thinking as clearly as usual.

• Ol
      28th of Jul, 2012

If they do not have a tracking # and proof of shipment, you can dispute the charge and get it reversed. The tracking # by itself does not prove the shipment was made. Often companies generate a tracking # when they get an order, to be used later.