Equifax / equifax is a fraud!
If Equifax is obligated to remove or correct an adverse item on your credit report (ie, you paid off the balance in full), but refuses to correct it, you cannot even file a dispute with them unless you buy one of their products. For example, if you have already gotten your free annual credit report and something else pops up that is incorrect, if you want to dispute it you must have a "confirmation number". The only way you can get a confirmation number is to order a copy of your credit report, for a price. Believe me they know what they're doing. Even if it's not your fault you can't even talk to someone unless you order their product (credit report) in order to find a 800 number to call to dispute- you can't call unless you have the number - can't get the number 'till you buy the report.
More Equifax Complaints & Reviews
- Equifax - unauthorized charges 
- Equifax Report Monitoring - website does not allow you to cancel your order 
- Equifax - equifax misusing it's certificate of authority 
- Equifax Online Credit - horrible customer service - billed after cancellation 
- Equifax - refuses to correct false information
- Equifax Information Services - unauthorized address change/horrible customer support
- Equifax Information Services - unethical behavior
- Equifax Information Services - change of address on credit report
- Equifax - gross incompetence in the handling of personal information
- Equifax Information Services - unethical behaviour