Enhanced Services Billing Inc / charge for service not requested

1 CA, United States Review updated:

On this month's bill for my landline (AT&T) I noticed a new charge of $14.95 for "Residential Email, LLC-Monthly Service Fee." When I called the company (Enhanced Services Billing Inc.), I was told that my 22 year-old daughter had signed up for this. This woman now lives in a distant state and there is no possible way that she could have or would have signed up for this. The company quickly offered to back out the charge.
I paid my AT&T bill after substracting the $14.95 from the total. I will be interested to see if AT&T bills me for the balance.
I agree with others who think AT&T is responsible for this blatant scam. What are they doing being involved with this shady company?

Ru

Comments

• Cu
      29th of May, 2009

Residential Email provides its subscribers with the opportunity to earn 50% cash back on everything bought while shopping through our service. We market the service on the Internet and continuously review our marketing and sign-up procedures and believe that they comply with all applicable laws and industry standard best practices.

We maintain excellent customer service 24 by 7 by 365 and you can reach us via phone at 800-430-6314 or online at http://www.residentialemail.com/support.cfm.
    I’m confident we can address any customer service concerns you may have.

Residential Email Customer Service